Subject: Did anyone else receive boardgames for Valentine's day? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
La Habra
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife gave me a $100 gift certificate to my favorite online store. I'm absolutely blown away! I was expecting either nothing, or possibly a card. My wife rocks!

Now, to agonize over what to buy... Anyone else receive board games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boogalou wrote:
Now, to agonize over what to buy... Anyone else receive board games?

Well, yes but only indirectly. Two trades arrived in the post, The End of the Triumvirate yesterday and Hamburgum today.

We also found time for a quick game of Neuroshima Hex! yesterday too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Give thanks for your good spousal fortune. I got a game ("Dragon Rage") but only because I bought it myself. She doesn't buy me anything for V-Day; I believe she has adopted the attitude "This Day Is For The Woman."

Instead, after I made dinner (filet mignon wrapped in bacon, butternut squash served over sauteed mushrooms, baked potatoes, apricot pie for dessert) she grumbled about me still buying games for myself.

Ah, the romance. Bring on the dragons!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
My wife and I went to our awesome FLGS and purchased Troyes (after long debate -- also on our list were Le Havre, At the Gates of Loyang, and Village). We read through part of the rules together and will play our first game of it after work tonight. I have the best wife ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
Yes and no. Was not intended, but got my G4GG prize Love Letter yesterday. Thematic, ha?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Marx
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominant Species - because nothing says love like a vicious, no-holds-barred fight for survival devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Vaccari
Italy
Nonantola (Mo)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I received Kingsburg from my lovely wife!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Clash of Cultures. Was able to sneak it in and sort all the bits without my wife finding out too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
My girlfriend suprised me with a gift, but it was not a game. She did make a custom box so I thought, for a fleeting moment, that I might be getting one! I'm taking her out to a nice dinner tonight, so I guess she felt she owed me.

At the same time it was very thoughtful and cute. I get to listen to the new Mumford and Sons alblum now while reading about everyone else's gifts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife tried to order a copy of Bora Bora from Europe for me, but it was going to be really expensive on the shipping. So I am going to get it as soon as I can. So it will be a bit of a belated gift..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Ruiz
United States
Calexico
CA - California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My lovely GF gave me Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Gameand we gave it a spin. And she said that another surprise is coming today. I gave her some cosmetic brushes that she wanted ( expensive as hell $19 for 5 brushes) and 3 big chocolate bars, baked her a cheesecake, bought her some flowers and gave her a card with some of my own writing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't get it yet, but we decided to order Tokaido, so it's like getting a present.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner Thetford
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife did her absolute best to sort through all of my Memoir 44 stuff and set up a scenario before I got home. In addition she gave me a card with the following statements:

"Be Mein"

"Quit Stalin, Be My Valentine"

A+ for effort
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweetgotham
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I saw pale kings and princes too, Pale warriors, death-pale were they all; They cried—‘La Belle Dame sans Merci Hath thee in thrall!’
mbmbmbmbmb
Bliciant wrote:
My lovely GF gave me Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Gameand we gave it a spin. And she said that another surprise is coming today. I gave her some cosmetic brushes that she wanted ( expensive as hell $19 for 5 brushes) and 3 big chocolate bars, baked her a cheesecake, bought her some flowers and gave her a card with some of my own writing.

For 5 brushes?? OMG, sooooo cheap. Mine are like 20 each shake Then again, I buy my own. Not the sort of thing I would expect or want him to try and figure out.

Anyway, we played games (Dracula & The Pillars of the Earth: Builders Duel) and he made dinner with a card exchange. I made a no gift policy due to his stay-at-home with baby status and didn't want him to feel bad besides which I still have a $50 GC from funagaingames.com I got as a 'thank you' for some work I had done I still have to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ricotta
Japan
Okinawa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife pre-ordered the High Frontier Expansion (Colonization) for me but she didn't know about it until I told her...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Speager
United States
flag msg tools
mb
My wife actually went ahead and put in an entire Miniature Market order for me. She ended up ordering me Le Havre, 7 Wonders, Dominion Intrigue, and King of Tokyo. I was pretty impressed with the stuff she picked out for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No...but we are going out of town this weekend for an extremely lazy 2 days. My wife said she wants me to pack Castles of Burgundy and Yspahan. Is there a strip variant of Castles of Burgundy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I were to receive anything boardgame-related for Valentine's Day, it would be a sign of the apocalypse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife bought me Resident Evil Deck Building Game: Mercenaries and I worked out two trades this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate L
msg tools
mb
Ordered myself Puzzle Strike Third Edition and it was delivered on Valentine's Day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. I got up early (at the same time as her) when our baby daughter got up so that I could make her tea as she fed, look after baby while she got dressed and went to the loo etc. She liked that.

We then went for a pub lunch and cooked a big Mexican meal in the evening for both sets of parents, my brother and his fiance.

She did get me a card with the title "Hot Stuff".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Wolfe
United States
Laurel
Delaware
flag msg tools
I haven't gotten anything for V-Day (she's at college out of state), but she said she still has to order my gift, so there is a chance that, at some point in the next two weeks, I will be getting a board game as a belated V-Day gift.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witek W
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
“It is a civilizational wake-up call. A powerful message—spoken in the language of fires, floods, droughts, and extinctions—telling us that we need an entirely new economic model and a new way of sharing this planet.” ― Naomi Klein
badge
“Climate change has never received the crisis treatment from our leaders, despite the fact that it carries the risk of destroying lives on a vastly greater scale than collapsed banks or collapsed buildings.” ― Naomi Klein
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and my wife do not celebrate Saint Valentines birthday, but on 20th Feb we have our anniversary and we bought ourselves(ok, she bought me) Railways of the World.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't receive any, but I bought my fiancé Forbidden Island (he wanted Pandemic, but it's out of stock everywhere here and I wasn't about to pay £200 for it on Amazon from the marketplace) and Hey! That's My Fish. He got me horror DVDs and a set of two My Little Ponies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.