United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I nominate "Can I breed with a rock?" as the new "Wood for sheep".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Breeding with a rock... The title of this thread had me wondering for a sec, there.

Yes, your tribesfolk can participate in breeding if they are carrying something, even an offering. They cannot breed when the offering is still underneath the hut, though. I cannot remember whether having an offering underneath one hut limits breeding in a hut of a different colour on the same hex, but my logical guess is that it doesn't: it's not their offering. And no, you cannot move to another hex, drop the offering and come back for some Fun Stuff: dropping an offering is not allowed, save on the main temple hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Vriese
United States
Newberg
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are wrong with regards to the offering from another player. The english rules state you cannot breed in a space with an offering unless it is carried. It doesn't specify which tribe the offering belongs to.

Doei!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
@Sonja: Yes, dropping wood and stone on random hexes, even 'supply' hexes, is allowed. (Save, again, for the main temple hex.)

@Kuifje: Thanks for setting me straight. My memory is going in my old age. Of 32.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon T
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, interesting opportunities for blocking others' breeding by leaving a hut where their huts are but not removing the offering until the last possible moment. I believe the English rules are vague towards the end of any offering under a hut affecting any other hut's ability to offer a breeding area on that hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost every time I read one of Sonja's entries I have to shake my head.

shake

Still...I do want to get the game more than ever now...

gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.