Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil S. Stein
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've written a small Hanabi playing IRC bot. It's currently running on irc.freenode.net in channel #hanabIRC. Feel free to check it out and give me feedback and bug reports. It does not yet support variants. It also has not been, ya know, "heavily tested," so there may be a few kinks to work out.

Cards are represented by a front and a back. The front is the color and number, where color is W, R, B, G, Y and the number is 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. The back is a letter A, B, C, D, or E. The back of the card letter is assigned when the card enters your hand. You use this letter to reference a card when doing an action on it, "!play A" for example. So an example hand would be: "W1/A B2/E G4/B W1/C R4/D". When viewing your own hand all you see are the "backs". So if that was your hand, you'd see "AEBCD".

Game management commands:
!new - create a new game in this channel. (one game per channel)
!new name - run the bot in channel #name so as to play a game there.
!join - join a created game
!start - start a game (needs at least 2-5 people !joined)
!game - show game state in current channel
!games - show game state of games in all channels

Play commands:
!play X - play card with letter X on its back.
!discard X - discard the card with the letter X on its back.
!hint nick color|number - give a hint to player "nick", where color is one of the colors (blue, white, green, etc.) and number of 1-5. You can only specify a color or a number.
!hands - view current hands of all players. (you will only see the backs of your cards, obviously.)
!table - show the table which includes discard pile and current correctly placed cards
!turn and !turns - show player whose turn it it or all turn order of all players

Hand management
!swap X Y - swap the cars X and Y
!move X N - move card X to the Nth slot (left most is 1, right most is 4 or 5)
!sort - sort cards according to the letters on the backs

!help will show you all commands. !help [command] will give help for a specific command.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghislain LEVEQUE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea, let's test that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Effinger
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Awesome!

Small (? hopefully) request - mind implementing the rainbow suit? (1 of each, clue as 6th suit - or any variant, really ).

Looking forward to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil S. Stein
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robb wrote:
Awesome!

Small (? hopefully) request - mind implementing the rainbow suit? (1 of each, clue as 6th suit - or any variant, really ).

Looking forward to it.

I'll add it. The only reason I didn't at the start, was that I was using mIRC colors to represent the cards and had no way to represent "rainbow". I now represent the cards with a letter/number combo, so this is should not be a problem. I'll try to get to it this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil S. Stein
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
philsstein wrote:
Robb wrote:
Awesome!

Looking forward to it.

I'll add it. The only reason I didn't at the start, was that I was using mIRC colors to represent the cards and had no way to represent "rainbow". I now represent the cards with a letter/number combo, so this is should not be a problem. I'll try to get to it this weekend.

The bot has been updated to support rainbow cards. When starting a new game add "rainbow" to the start command like so: "!start rainbow" and the rainbow cards will be shuffled in and used during the game.

Edit: note the variant that is implemented just treats the rainbow cards as a 6th suit, with numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 added to the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Looks like the link is broken, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil S. Stein
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
beri2 wrote:
Looks like the link is broken, right?

Which link? The bot is running and the code is available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.