Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vitruvius Pucker
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Using VASSAL 3.2.2 and CoM module 1.2, I do not see Venlo on my map, and Roermond appears as it does in the published game (i.e., the map patch doesn't seem to be implemented). My opponent, using VASSAL 3.2.2 and CoM 1.1, *does* have the patch implemented.

Why would the patch be implemented for 1.1 but not 1.2? Or do I need an additional file in my VASSAL directory when I load the module?

thanks--
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know where version 1.1 can be found (if anywhere), but as far as version 1.2 is concerned, I extracted its images folder and there is no sign of a map patch graphic.

If the game map image itself was modified to include the patch in version 1.1, that image could be extracted and used to replace the game map in version 1.2. If a different method of including the patch was used (say, a small image just for the affected area that sits on top of the game map), the resolution would be more involved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vitruvius Pucker
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, Joel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I posted somethign on CSW. I could have sworn in the game I played earlier this year it was there. Could this be an issue with the new vassal version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maurice of Lemon wrote:
Using VASSAL 3.2.2 and CoM module 1.2, I do not see Venlo on my map, and Roermond appears as it does in the published game (i.e., the map patch doesn't seem to be implemented). My opponent, using VASSAL 3.2.2 and CoM 1.1, *does* have the patch implemented.

Why would the patch be implemented for 1.1 but not 1.2? Or do I need an additional file in my VASSAL directory when I load the module?

thanks--

I am running VASSAL 3.2.2 with CoM module 1.2. I look at the map and Venlo is gone and Roermond is a French major supply source and Austrian fortress. This is the map patch that replaces the original map. So I don't know what issue cropped up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Geez your right Mark lol, no wonder the map looekd right the patch is on it!!

Maurice you have it backwards, Venlo is removed by the patch. it is available in the file section here. That is why Velno is on 1.1 but not 1.2. I.2 applied the patch lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vitruvius Pucker
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
D'oh!

So my opponent just needs to upgrade to CoM module 1.2.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.