Pri R
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
We are looking for CO-OP games that plays good with 2 players. We dont have any co-ops in our collection and am thinking to add one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Weckermann
Canada
Powell River
British Coumbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandemic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tengblad
Sweden
Uppsala
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Pandemic.

I'd also recommend that you look into Defenders of the Realm, Ghost Stories and Flash Point: Fire Rescue. Of these three I think Ghost Stories is the best. I really like the theme (warrior monks defending a Chinese village from ghost) and I also enjoy how brutally difficult it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Waller
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll probably get a lot of suggestions for The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game. I would only suggest you get this if you are willing to buy a few of the expansion packs as well. It's 100% cooperative, plays best with 2 players (per the BGG poll) and the expansion packs provide plenty of replayability.

I rated this a 4 though because I think you do need to put some effort into deck building and that seemed like more work than fun to me. Most people enjoy this game though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Elder Sign
Yggdrasil
Ghost Stories
Zombicide
Space Alert
Witch of Salem
Dungeon Run
Agents of SMERSH
Mice and Mystics
Darkest Night (First edition)
Conquest of Planet Earth: The Space Alien Game
Escape: The Curse of the Temple
Gears of War: The Board Game
Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island
A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pri R
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
How is Ghost stories and Elder sign with 2 players only. It says it is best with 4 players n so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amopr wrote:
How is Ghost stories and Elder sign with 2 players only. It says it is best with 4 players n so on.

Both are perfect with two. I only play games with my girlfriend and all the games I recommended play great solo or co-op.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not recommend Space Alert with 2.

Most games I would recommend have already been mentioned, except for Gears of War: The Board Game, which is a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tengblad
Sweden
Uppsala
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amopr wrote:

Ghost Stories is perfect with two. However, make sure you each play two monks each rather than use the included rules for 2 player games (where you just get to use the two un-used monks powers). The 2-player rules make the game even harder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:
I would not recommend Space Alert with 2.

Most games I would recommend have already been mentioned, except for Gears of War: The Board Game, which is a great game.

I recommend GoW , how come you don't like space alert for two? That's the only one I don't own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pri R
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

Have u listed the games as per best to less 'best'...... Or is the list random

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amopr wrote:

Sorry my list was sort of random. What kind of themes do you like, what about mechanics? I would say Elder Sign and Escape are must haves and Ghost Stories up there as well though it's very hard to beat (which to most is why it's so appealing). If you want a very thematic game then A Touch of Evil is my favorite.

Dungeon Run, Mice and Mystics and Gears can all be considered "dungeon crawls" and come down to which appeal to you most. Dungeon run may be better with more than 2 because there is some backstabbing potential. Gears has a lot of depth and is very challenging.

Conquest of Planet Earth is great as a co-op with a has "campy" early 50's scifi vibe were you can team up as aliens set out to destroy the world. Very unique area control dice driven ameritrash fun. It can be played head to head as well as up to 4 people. It scales really well and is more fun then I initial thought it would be when I first heard about it. Don't let the cheesy art turn you away, think retro comics or bad scifi movie.

Zombicide is great if you want an easy to pick up light zombie game with a good amount of strategy. The components are top notch and while it doesn't offer a great deal of depth it makes up for intense action packed zombie slaying mayhem.

Let me know more what interests you and I can help you further. I've spent the past year focused strictly on 2 player co-ops that can potentially be played solo but I prefer heavy theme and top notch graphics and components s I stay away from the games that look like I'd find at my grand ma's house. Blame it on growing up in the 80's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.D. Magnus
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have been playing a lot of Sentinels of the Multiverse lately. The different heroes and villains give it lots of variability, and I think I actually prefer it with two players (each player runs two heroes) over four players (each player runs one hero).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay I
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own and have played many co-ops. My favorite is Hanabi. I typically go for heavier, longer games (TI is my favorite), and usually don't care for card games, but it's just that good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witek W
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
“It is a civilizational wake-up call. A powerful message—spoken in the language of fires, floods, droughts, and extinctions—telling us that we need an entirely new economic model and a new way of sharing this planet.” ― Naomi Klein
badge
“Climate change has never received the crisis treatment from our leaders, despite the fact that it carries the risk of destroying lives on a vastly greater scale than collapsed banks or collapsed buildings.” ― Naomi Klein
mb
Nobody suggested Arkham Horror? It is great with 2 (4 investigators)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krawhitham B
New Zealand
Napier
Hawkes Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
godunow wrote:
Nobody suggested Arkham Horror? It is great with 2 (4 investigators)!

I love Arkham, but the OP asked for "good strategy" and Arkham is more about enjoying the theme/experience.

Just as a general piece of advice; if it is a pure co-op game then you can easily play multiple characters each (and solo too).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jwallerrocks wrote:
You'll probably get a lot of suggestions for The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game. I would only suggest you get this if you are willing to buy a few of the expansion packs as well. It's 100% cooperative, plays best with 2 players (per the BGG poll) and the expansion packs provide plenty of replayability.

I rated this a 4 though because I think you do need to put some effort into deck building and that seemed like more work than fun to me. Most people enjoy this game though.

We played with 2 of the 4 base set decks a few times, with zero deck-building, and still found it an enjoyable experience. Naturally, I'm sure the game gets deeper and more awesome if you build decks, but the ones that come with are perfectly serviceable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
amopr wrote:

Each player plays 2 Taoists. Works great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pri R
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
amopr wrote:

Sorry my list was sort of random. What kind of themes do you like, what about mechanics? I would say Elder Sign and Escape are must haves and Ghost Stories up there as well though it's very hard to beat (which to most is why it's so appealing). If you want a very thematic game then A Touch of Evil is my favorite.

Dungeon Run, Mice and Mystics and Gears can all be considered "dungeon crawls" and come down to which appeal to you most. Dungeon run may be better with more than 2 because there is some backstabbing potential. Gears has a lot of depth and is very challenging.

Conquest of Planet Earth is great as a co-op with a has "campy" early 50's scifi vibe were you can team up as aliens set out to destroy the world. Very unique area control dice driven ameritrash fun. It can be played head to head as well as up to 4 people. It scales really well and is more fun then I initial thought it would be when I first heard about it. Don't let the cheesy art turn you away, think retro comics or bad scifi movie.

Zombicide is great if you want an easy to pick up light zombie game with a good amount of strategy. The components are top notch and while it doesn't offer a great deal of depth it makes up for intense action packed zombie slaying mayhem.

Let me know more what interests you and I can help you further. I've spent the past year focused strictly on 2 player co-ops that can potentially be played solo but I prefer heavy theme and top notch graphics and components s I stay away from the games that look like I'd find at my grand ma's house. Blame it on growing up in the 80's.

I m considering a few on ur list which is fun with 2p ...but another constraint also is time.... I see lot of games r. 2.5/3.5 hoursgames...With a toddler in our house we can spare 2 hrs or 2.5 hrs max if we r lucky whn he is asleep ...
I i see ghost stories,yddgrasil, elder sign, n mageknights n mice n mystics interesting...how is micemystics wih regard to time n game n others too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garth
msg tools
I'm also interested in suggestions. Rather than start a new thread I'll post here...

I'm looking for a co-op game that can be played with two players, isn't really difficult to pick up and can be played in (around, but perhaps a bit over) an hour. If the game includes Mini's, that'd be a major selling point! Overall though, something fun that isn't too taxing at the end of the day. As far as themes go, I lean towards the supernatural, modern fantasy, or horror settings.

Ghost Stories looks great, but if it's too hard then I'm going to have difficulty keeping my significant other interested. Zombicide looks great, though I'm seeing a trend in my collection (Zombie Dice, City of Horror)...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kwayteow wrote:
I'm also interested in suggestions. Rather than start a new thread I'll post here...

I'm looking for a co-op game that can be played with two players, isn't really difficult to pick up and can be played in (around, but perhaps a bit over) an hour. If the game includes Mini's, that'd be a major selling point! Overall though, something fun that isn't too taxing at the end of the day. As far as themes go, I lean towards the supernatural, modern fantasy, or horror settings.

Ghost Stories looks great, but if it's too hard then I'm going to have difficulty keeping my significant other interested. Zombicide looks great, though I'm seeing a trend in my collection (Zombie Dice, City of Horror)...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Look at Conquest of Planet Earth: The Space Alien Game, Elder Sign and perhaps Witch of Salem though i would still suggest Ghost Stories as its worth the challenge and there are ways to make it easier while you are learning strategies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ott
United States
Russellville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find myself suggesting this game a lot lately, but it's climbing the ranks in my collection lately, so I gotta show the love to Shadowrift. Right now, easily my go-to co-op, and it seems to scale well from two players up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandra Logan
Australia
Bardon
Queensland
flag msg tools
mb
kwayteow wrote:

That's odd, I find that the person I play with loses interest after we win a cooperative game. So I like Ghost Stories because we haven't beat it yet and I can still get her to play it with me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garth
msg tools
Fair point, and I'd agree.

I should elaborate: not the difficulty of the game as such, but the difficulty of (or the learning of ) the mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandra Logan
Australia
Bardon
Queensland
flag msg tools
mb
Oh well in that case, I think Ghost Stories would be a good choice. It is challenging but we found the rules fairly straightforward. There is good use of symbols to summarise everything so generally no need to refer to the rulebook during a game.

Also +1 for Pandemic and Flash Point
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.