California
flag msg tools
"Nobody down here 'cept us dummies"
badge
"Betcha can't throw that donut on my finger"
mb

From Upworthy

Quote:
At 1:20, she asks the question we've all been wanting someone to ask FOREVER. Then a government lawyer stumbles over his words.
At 2:20, she rattles off another one. Then a government lawyer stumbles over his words.
At 2:55, she asks another lawyer the same question. Said lawyer then tries to not stumble over her words.
At 3:25, she asks the same question again. That lawyer asks for some time.
At 3:45, she gets our back and goes for the knockout punch.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
wysire wrote:
Thoughts?

I wonder if Republicans are sorry they blocked her from being the head of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

More to your point, I would like to see laws and regulations rewritten to send more people to jail for their crimes even when they are committing them on behalf of corporations. Fines are just a cost of doing business. Prison time will make people think twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Sure.

1. She really doesn't look anything at all like a native American Indian.

2. This is theater.

3. The short blurb in the link lauds her for "doing the job we hired her for". Which is apparently to stage a hearing, ask some questions. get no answers and then bask in the applause.

The "Wall Street Banks" are the primary recruiting ground for president Obama's advisers, cabinet members, consultants and experts on his staff. In addition, they provided huge sums to get him elected both times. Therefore - they will never go to trial.

Anyone who is impressed by this ho-hum photo op is more than likely a clueless democrat that voted for exactly the people who are funded by the Wall Street bankers.

Morons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirror, Mirror
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wysire wrote:

Thoughts?

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

Anyone who is impressed by this ho-hum photo op is more than likely a clueless democrat that voted for exactly the people who are funded by the Wall Street bankers.

Morons.

You mean the morons who voted for Wall Street-backed Mitt Romney?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

Morons.

You mean the morons who voted for Wall Street-backed Mitt Romney?

No. I mean the morons who actually think this photo op has any meaning whatsoever. It takes about the same level of intelligence to understand what is going on here as it does to understand The Wiggles. Now that I think about it, Wiggles fans are more intelligent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A cousin of mine posted commenting about Ms. Warren, wasn't sure what it was about. Now I have context. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would hope this photo op was to gain general support so that she can initiate some action. I guess we'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Peterson
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
schwartz!
badge
My hovercraft is full of eels!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, the SEC took Martha Stewart to trial. For selling $230,000 worth of ImClone stock prior to a negative FDA decision. However, ImClone executives and the friends and family of ImClone founder sold off over $15.2 million and didn't go to trial.

The lesson here - if you are going to break the law, make sure you're dealing in huge sums of money and you get off scot free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Sure.

1. She really doesn't look anything at all like a native American Indian.

Hee-hee! I love that this is the best talking point republitards can come up with.

And seriously, if the thing that bothers you most about a Democrat is that she's 1/16th Native American, maybe you actually don't dislike her at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
DWTripp wrote:
It takes about the same level of intelligence to understand what is going on here as it does to understand The Wiggles. Now that I think about it, Wiggles fans are more intelligent.

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

I never want to see the Wiggles mentioned in RSP ever again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
MungSu wrote:
Hey, the SEC took Martha Stewart to trial. For selling $230,000 worth of ImClone stock prior to a negative FDA decision. However, ImClone executives and the friends and family of ImClone founder sold off over $15.2 million and didn't go to trial.

Martha Stewart was convicted of lying to federal investigators, obstruction of justice and conspiracy, they could not make the case for insider trading.

The CEO of ImClone plead guilty to securities fraud (insider trading), bank fraud, obstruction of justice, and perjury.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
Hee-hee! I love that this is the best talking point republitards can come up with.

It does seem that we need an expression for the inverse of damning with faint praise.

This is a photo op, sure. But it's also why I wanted Warren in the Senate. She's identifying one of the major problems with how we "punish" bad behavior by major financial institutions. Fixing that problem will take time and a major shift in public opinion, but talking about it clearly and in common sense terms is essential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Euroncrowseye wrote:
On that subject, people who are 1/16th anything should really stop referring to themselves as such.

By that standard I'm Scottish/Irish.

gah.....that means im welsh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
CapAp wrote:

It does seem that we need an expression for the inverse of damning with faint praise.

This is a photo op, sure. But it's also why I wanted Warren in the Senate. She's identifying one of the major problems with how we "punish" bad behavior by major financial institutions. Fixing that problem will take time and a major shift in public opinion, but talking about it clearly and in common sense terms is essential.

Eh, in fact she is simply restating what has been said about a thousand times before. By both conservative and liberal politicians. What's the news here? The news is that this time it's a special democrat saying the exact same thing. Not just a democrat though, but a democrat that the press had to rally around and protect in her race against Brown. The Native American idiocy makes her fair game in my book. The attention she is getting is part of the narrative that the MSM wants the sheep to believe.

This is better for the narrative than allowing any attention to go on the democrat senator who flies to foreign countries to have sex with minors. It's far preferable than talking about the economy, the soaring fuel costs, the deficit, the Fast & Furious cover-up, the Benghazi tragedy, Gitmo, drones, hell... just about anything. Oh yes, she's "talking", but anyone who is suggesting she is bravely identifying and taking on a problem that nobody else has is just being foolish.

Sorry Cappy, but if MSNBC can run a clip of Rubio taking a drink of water 155 times in one day then this lying POS is definitely fair game for her bogus claim to American Indians. She's a poser. Nothing will happen. Not on Obama's watch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Euroncrowseye wrote:
On that subject, people who are 1/16th anything should really stop referring to themselves as such.

By that standard I'm Scottish/Irish.

Some cultures do not hold that membership can be diluted, and they feel that the proportion of non-members in a person's ancestry is irrelevant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
This is better for the narrative than allowing any attention to go on the democrat senator who flies to foreign countries to have sex with minors.

OK, let's talk about that. Drew brought it up in another thread but the article he cited stated clearly that no minors were involved -- that a woman with an ID that said she was 20 was sent away because she looked too young. So do you have other information?

Quote:
foolish.

You think I'm foolish. I can live with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
This is better for the narrative than allowing any attention to go on the democrat senator who flies to foreign countries to have sex with minors.

OK, let's talk about that. Drew brought it up in another thread but the article he cited stated clearly that no minors were involved -- that a woman with an ID that said she was 20 was sent away because she looked too young. So do you have other information?

Quote:
foolish.

You think I'm foolish. I can live with that.

Just allegations. A number of articles I have read over the last couple of months included interviews with girls who alleged that he did have sex with at least one minor. Of course, he's a senator and they are mere working girls so obviously it's plausible deniability. But the fact remains he intervened on behalf of a major, major donor to democratic PACs as well as his campaign specifically. Other influence-peddling allegations are being investigated. This article is pretty concise and summarizes what anyone with time to burn can find out there:

http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20130215/WIRE/3021...

One of my favorite articles is from the liberal e-rag The Daily beast where the author is forced to report that Menendez is a slimy prick but still has to scour the headlines to find a conservative, any conservative to pillory in an attempt to ameliorate the stain on the Democratic skivvies. So he contrasts influence peddling, intervening with Homeland security, having a known sex offender who is also an illegal alien on his staff and the romps with prostitutes and the failure to pay them as being on no more serious a level than an Idaho senator getting a DUI.

Business as usual in the Beltway. The press and the democrats are still cozy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
I can't believe after Elizabeth Warren was revealed to be a fraud who pretended to have native American ancestry to advance her career, you people still voted for her.

Is there a difference between Warren claiming Native American ancestry and Rubio claiming his parents escaped from Castro's Cuba?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stymie says, "No Fidgets"
United States
SF Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I lean right, although I'm more 'center' after living overseas.

Obviously all politicians are trying to suck up as much of the spotlight as they can. But I think there has been plenty of evidence that a lot of these banks screwed the American investor and homeowner, and they did it criminally.

Now, it was the government that encouraged (even mandated) them to MAKE bad loans back in the 90's and that was stupid. The bank types are smart and learned how to fleece the sheep despite the idiotic loans they made.

I'm pissed at both the federal government and the banks, AND the repubs and the dems. I may not have voted for her if I lived in her state but I think this is the kind of dialogue that needs to happen from both sides of the aisle. More accountability and actual punishment for breaking the law, repub or dem.

I realize it's just talk at this point but I hope it leads to action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stymie says, "No Fidgets"
United States
SF Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
rshipley wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
I can't believe after Elizabeth Warren was revealed to be a fraud who pretended to have native American ancestry to advance her career, you people still voted for her.

Is there a difference between Warren claiming Native American ancestry and Rubio claiming his parents escaped from Castro's Cuba?

I have a friend who is making a ton of money as an advocate for one of the southern California Native American tribes.

She's 1/16th. That's how she qualified not only for a heavily subsidized education but also for her now very lucrative job.

I agree, it's kind of a joke, but on the other hand: power to 'whitey' for taking advantage of affirmative action?

This is a screwed up society we swim in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
rshipley wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

Sure there is. For one, Warren is being treated as if she is an avenging angel ready to rain fire down upon the bad people and hold her shield of righteousness up to protect all the little, stupid, democratic voting people. On the other hand Rubio is being portrayed as a lying piece of shit who ruined his entire future and that of the entire republican party when he committed the unforgivable sin of taking a sip of water.

Actually, Rubio corrected the record and explained where he got the family history from, he said:

Quote:
"The dates I have given regarding my family's history have always been based on my parents' recollections of events that occurred over 55 years ago and which were relayed to me by them more than two decades after they happened," he wrote Thursday. "I was not made aware of the exact dates until very recently."

So is it a lie when you don't know you're lying? Warren clearly fabricated the Native American story to gain an advantage (as reported endlessly last fall in the non-liberal media) whereas Rubio, who is not faking being a Latino of Cuban extraction used his natural affinity for his minority status in a legitimate fashion. When fact checkers found different, he explained and corrected. When Warren was busted she denied and asserted she had some "pictures" that proved her lie was true but they were private.

One thing I do know about such matters is that context is the tool of the informed and truth-seeking voter whereas lack of context is the bludgeon used by the liberal media and it's herd of fawning voters. One is not like the other with Warren and Rubio. The difference is Warren has contempt for the voters as well as Native Americans and she demonstrated it by using a false association for personal advantage. In the judicial system the key factor for a finding of contempt is whether or not the divergence from truth or law is willful. Warren willfully made shit up and has slimed her way into the senate. Rubio retold hazy family history and set the record straight when he was informed of the actual dates.

Warren is a contemptuous liar. Rubio retold erroneous family legend but corrected the record when he was made aware of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Sure there is. For one, Warren is being treated as if she is an avenging angel ready to rain fire down upon the bad people and hold her shield of righteousness up to protect all the little, stupid, democratic voting people. On the other hand Rubio is being portrayed as a lying piece of shit who ruined his entire future and that of the entire republican party when he committed the unforgivable sin of taking a sip of water.

That's not because of a difference between what Warren said and what Rubio said. That's because Warren is brilliant, and Rubio is a submoron.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

That's not because of a difference between what Warren said and what Rubio said. That's because Warren is brilliant, and Rubio is a submoron.

David, if you keep up with this decidedly human-like communication I'm going to have to eventually acknowledge that there is a strong possibility that an AI can adapt human characteristics.

I saw you use "WTF" several times on other threads and I was so pleased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wysire wrote:
rshipley wrote:

She's 1/16th. That's how she qualified not only for a heavily subsidized education but also for her now very lucrative job.

I'm not aware that she got any advantage from it. I'd be interested if you have something to back that up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.