Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's about that time, but I haven't heard anything yet. They did have an unimpressive post-holiday sale in early January. Given that they are carrying a larger selection of meaty games now, I don't expect much, but one can always hope. I still have fond memories of picking up RoboRally and Gulo Gulo at these sales.

Does anyone have any insider info or wild speculation to share?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
They had it in individual stores early January.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Reed
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'm BullTaco and I approved this message.
badge
Mess with the Bull.....
mbmbmbmb
Nothing of any importantance to add to the future sale or not, but I ded notice as well at my local B&N that they are carring some meaty games now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
They had it in individual stores early January.

That was billed as a "post-holiday clearance" and consisted mainly of Christmas items, and even Halloween items they dragged back out. I was hoping that was not going to take the place of the usual February clearance sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Murray
United States
Quakertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Next clearance is April.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd suggest contacting your local Barnes & Nobles store for the best soruce of info on any B&N sales.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cheng wrote:
Given that they are carrying a larger selection of meaty games now, I don't expect much, but one can always hope.
Going back a decade or more my observation was that they would be thinly stocked, at Christmas season only, with anything (if at all) that would attract readers here. Then in early February they would shut the department down rather completely.

Year-by-year since them I have watched the selection expand to higher credibility, and the department move to year-round status ... with the old closeout sale disappearing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
Going back a decade or more my observation was that they would be thinly stocked, at Christmas season only, with anything (if at all) that would attract readers here. Then in early February they would shut the department down rather completely.

Year-by-year since them I have watched the selection expand to higher credibility, and the department move to year-round status ... with the old closeout sale disappearing.

True, but last year I did pick up the Star Trek Deckbuilding Game and Star Trek Expeditions. I also saw Fresco last year. So it's not completely gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fitzpatrick
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TVis wrote:
cheng wrote:
Given that they are carrying a larger selection of meaty games now, I don't expect much, but one can always hope.

That's been my experience too; around the time quality games became a permanent fixture the awesome clearance finds dried up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jfitzpatrick wrote:
That's been my experience too; around the time quality games became a permanent fixture the awesome clearance finds dried up.

And I will add that rather than bemoaning the loss, I have instead lauded the rising dedication.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cheng wrote:
TVis wrote:

True, but last year I did pick up the Star Trek Deckbuilding Game and Star Trek Expeditions. I also saw Fresco last year. So it's not completely gone.

I remember that too. I was wondering if there would be a sale this year as well. I have a gift card to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.