Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stuart glanvville
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems as if we're picking up some momentum pledge wise, custom german leader seems to have dragged a few in
$400 odd to crack 54k and then onwards to the mortars and piats - which it would seem we're trending towards..
gonna be an interesting last week or so! (i've tried to hide my wallet though.. i can feel it wincing in pain already! haha!!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I'll be getting on board next week but I'd rather see a few more hundred folks getting into this at the basic level than a handful getting in at a high tier. I know this game doesn't have the following FoW has, but it has the potential for it.

So come on all you fence sitters and join in for the base game level at the very least. You'll be getting a bunch of sweetener goodies and an immensely fun game out of the box. Don't let the minis aspect scare you away. There is plenty of card and boardgame action. The minis are just the bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stuart glanvville
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the one thing this expansion does seem to have done is awaken a bigger SMG interest in the UK, i know DoD has disappeared from the few online stockists over here, so people are grabbing that while this campaign runs to get stuck into the system while they wait for red devils, which means there should be some opponents over here, which is great news!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to me that the base is located in the mid to eastern half of of the U.S., Canada and GB...didn't see many folks from the rest of continental Europe or the Far East? It would be nice to get the rest of the planet involved...I know there's a few in HK and/or Singapore...but where's the rest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stanoch
United States
Bradenton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This doesn't surprise me...maps to HMGS East members.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of FOW, a FLGS (Brothers Grim) is running a FOW charity tournament tomorrow. I will be there front and center with all my SMG stuff running demos. My hope is to pique the interest of some of these boys and start building a core of players on Long Island. I am told that participant come from around the tri-state area, we'll see, but it could spread the word around. Wish me luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris (and all who demo)

1 Get pix, so we can show off what you do and spread the word. People pix are particularly good. Some folks focus on trying to capture the whole map and "recording" various positions of the figs on it, like a play-by-play. It loses a lot if we weren't there. The best stuff is folks actually playing the game and thinking/reactions. Tightshots of action between figs can be nice. Someone posted a close cobat with about six figs involved that was dramatic.

2. If you will post sooner than "tomorrow I will be..." I can use our various outlets to get you some pre-event exposure. I want and need to do more of this.

3. When its over, write about it, post those pix. We see SMS great AARs, but other demos just vanish, like they never happened. LBG did a lot o those last year.

Hope it is a great session for you (I look forward to reading and seeing about it!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.