Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its ability says: "Discard up to 2 Gold cards from your hand to add their values to this unit's strength."

Let say that I have on my hand 1,2 and 3 Gold cards. Does the text above mean that I can discard 2+3 cards to increase its strength up to 9, or does it mean that I can discard only 1/2 card to increase its strength to 5/6 only?

OR does it mean that I'm free to discard any number of Gold cards up to value 2 each and then add their total value in?

The 2 IMO can be used in either of those meanings.. but I'm no native speaker. soblue
Anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play you can discard up to two cards. Gold cards that is.

So you could discard a 1+2, 2+3, or 1+3; or you could discard a single card or pair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought so too, but it seems rather OP to me lately.
More clearer would be use of "two" instead of "2".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So to summary - everybody agrees that the card's text "Discard up to 2 Gold cards from your hand..." means discard up to two gold cards of any value instead of discard any amount of gold cards up to the value of 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fezvez
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
XehutL wrote:
So to summary - everybody agrees that the card's text "Discard up to 2 Gold cards from your hand..." means discard up to two gold cards of any value instead of discard any amount of gold cards up to the value of 2?

Yes, I agree with the same interpretation as everyone else

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.