United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
Update to the module:
The token tracker limit was removed and it is now working properly. You will need to monitor the 30 honor tokens maximum manually. All previous scenarios now have the starting honor tokens for each scenario preset. With the help of Brent, the four new scenarios that Mr. Borg created have been made as well and will be included with the new module.

The new Vassal module is ready on the Vassal site. Enjoy,

So, if you are interested in the first ever Samurai Battles Vassal Tournament, then please click the link below, sign up for the guild, and add your name to the SBVT #1 Announcement thread. May you all die with honor...

1st 12 names get a spot...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/1549

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry... but I am new to the Guild aspect of BGG... how do I see how many people are in line for the tournament?

I am guessing because the Guild only has 3 members that may be all the participants thus far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
StevenE wrote:
Sorry... but I am new to the Guild aspect of BGG... how do I see how many people are in line for the tournament?

I am guessing because the Guild only has 3 members that may be all the participants thus far.

No problem Steven.

Just click the link below and reply to the thread saying you want to play. The first 12 players to put their names down as wanting to play will have a spot. I hope we can get that many...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/928220/sbvt-1-announceme...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BrentS
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a question about the tournament protocol, David. This looks to be modelled on the same mini-tournament format as the C&C:A Vassal tournaments but there was a mention in the tournament outline that players should complete one game per week. In the C&C:A mini-tournament format players have a set period of time to complete all their preliminary round matches but can schedule them any time in that window....usually 5 weeks for a 10 man tournament.

I ask because the scheduling flexibility of that format lets me organise around shift work and study commitments, as opposed to regular weekly tournament formats, which I'm sadly rarely able to participate in.

Brent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
goshublue wrote:
Just a question about the tournament protocol, David. This looks to be modelled on the same mini-tournament format as the C&C:A Vassal tournaments but there was a mention in the tournament outline that players should complete one game per week. In the C&C:A mini-tournament format players have a set period of time to complete all their preliminary round matches but can schedule them any time in that window....usually 5 weeks for a 10 man tournament.

I ask because the scheduling flexibility of that format lets me organise around shift work and study commitments, as opposed to regular weekly tournament formats, which I'm sadly rarely able to participate in.

Brent.

It will be identical to CC:A if we can get enough players. The one game per week format is intended to keep play moving along. You can play your rounds in any order, and even 3-4 in one week if you want. What I would like to avoid though is players waiting until week 5 to play all five of their games, or even worse dropping out at the end (without playing a game) and ruining the tournament experience for everyone all together.

Having said that, the general timeline will be two weeks for the first game, and one week per game after. Open communication is key. As long as you are keeping people informed, then there is no worries. If I get no response from a player and they haven't played a game in the first 2 weeks of the tournament, then I will most likely try and find an alternate if possible.

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BrentS
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, David. Unfortunately, on balance I think it would be wise if I don't participate in this one .....I have joined the guild, though, and will be an interested observer.

Brent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
goshublue wrote:
Thanks, David. Unfortunately, on balance I think it would be wise if I don't participate in this one :(.....I have joined the guild, though, and will be an interested observer.

Brent.

No problem Brent. I did say that the schedule is flexible as long as you are openly communicating with other players (i.e. I won't be able to play for the next two weeks, but can play 2 games the week of ___). If I don't see any activity after the first two weeks, I will most likely send you (or others) a message to see if there's still an interest in playing in the tournament. It's when I get no response on those messages that I have to assume the answer is no and consider finding a replacement (this happens sometimes). You seem like an upfront guy Brent, and I've interacted with you on more than one occasion in the past, so I'm not really worried about you at all. You should just join and have some fun... But, if you can't, then maybe next time. Take care.

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for about three more brave souls to get the first tournament off the ground. Don't worry. We're all just learning, so we promise not to hurt you too bad...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon George
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
Final call. Looking for two (or 3 or 4...) more players for our first ever Samurai Battles Vassal Tournament...

There will be two divisions....

Participants will play head to head with the players in the opposing division during the preliminary rounds (about 1 game per week).

There may be a semi-final round if we get enough players. If there is one, then the two players with the most total banners won in the preliminary rounds in each division will go head to head for a two game match up. This matchup will produce two division winners.

Then, the winners from each division will go head to head in a two game matchup to determine the champion of Samurai Battles Vassal Tournament #1 (SBT#1).

Come join in on the fun. It's not too late to demonstrate your greatness on the battlefields of Fuedal Japan...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/928220/sbvt-1-announceme...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.