Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I've got to lobby and encourage those folks who might not yet have voted for a guest star/character as of yet.... I like Adele Moreau...Why? Well for a couple of reasons...it might bring our wives/sweethearts more into the game and it would add the diversity element that is missing in many of the mini games we play. I know that the Lt. Col., SWMBO plays WoW and BattleCry because of the minis element...trying to bring her into SMG. A female character would go a long way to keep her interest up. Comments?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill H
United States
Absecon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Shijuro" in Awatum (Serpent's Tongue)
badge
"A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labour and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation." LP Jacks
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I don't fully understand how these characters will function in-game. If they'll be fully "playable" non-combatants, perhaps they will add diversity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that they'll be a random event that "hangs around" for awhile...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Thornock
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, my wife heard of my post on KS recommending Custom Female French Resistance Fighters be added at some point. Now she's holding out for them, lol. At least my daughters will play it now. My oldest is excited to come home from college for Spring Break and I'm taking that whole week off. There will be many, many SMG battles that week. The guys at my FLGS are already lining up for who gets to get their butt kicked by her first, lol. laugh

I still haven't picked a guest star to vote for. Suppose I should do so this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed you should.

I'm a little fuzzy on the exact "deadline" for voting.

Remember, Jeff's update reads:

Quote:
Here is how you vote – Pick one of the characters you want to see. Write a two sentence story for the character and email it to sales@lostbattalion.com with the Subject Line - Red Devils Character Vote. Your vote should look something like this…

Anders O’Rielly approaches the closest German soldier and distracts him by asking when he was last at confession - both are spotted.

As another stretch bonus, if the Kick Starter campaign reaches $54,000 funding Level, we will add the top vote-getting Guest Star, plus the cards and anything else needed, into everyone’s base game of Red Devils.

And we no longer are operating under the "if...reaches $54K." We have MADE IT on this one.

I feel it's safe to conclude that you can still vote now, because they have not announced the "top vote-getter," but I think you should do it RIGHT NOW if you want to make sure it counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
Indeed you should.

I'm a little fuzzy on the exact "deadline" for voting.

Remember, Jeff's update reads:

Quote:
Here is how you vote – Pick one of the characters you want to see. Write a two sentence story for the character and email it to sales@lostbattalion.com with the Subject Line - Red Devils Character Vote. Your vote should look something like this…

Anders O’Rielly approaches the closest German soldier and distracts him by asking when he was last at confession - both are spotted.

As another stretch bonus, if the Kick Starter campaign reaches $54,000 funding Level, we will add the top vote-getting Guest Star, plus the cards and anything else needed, into everyone’s base game of Red Devils.

And we no longer are operating under the "if...reaches $54K." We have MADE IT on this one.

I feel it's safe to conclude that you can still vote now, because they have not announced the "top vote-getter," but I think you should do it RIGHT NOW if you want to make sure it counts.

Probably should post a cutoff date for votes? I already voted...for Adele Moreau, for reasons stated earlier in this post. Good way to bring in some "lady" sergeants...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Thornock
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vote submitted. As much fun as having Adele would be, I love the old-school WWI uniform on Monsieur Percevil, and had a clever idea for his inclusion,mso I voted his way. Sorry Jim. Adele would have been my second.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Krieble
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Already voted for her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
dr_divot wrote:
Already voted for her.

+1 thumbsup thanks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
The early votes are in and Adele Moreau is in a tie! If you haven't voted yet, get your vote in ASAP. I'm still lobbying for Adele since I think her appearance would broaden the SMG base by bringing in some of the ladies. The other guests looked pretty neat as well, but I think that Adele, at least as a first guest star, would go a long way to broaden the base. For details on voting...just check the Kickstarter site...hey, my wife likes her thumbsup
kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had already voted for Courtney Peveril. I liked the old dude in his WWI uniform trying to help out with his intel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
One more time to lobby for Adele Moreau as the KS Guest Star...

As I said on the Ks site...lets get a little DIVERSITY into our war games.
Adele will bring in more of the ladies to SMG (heck, my wife loved the idea).

Adele has the ability to "smoke" the most cunning soldier she encounters cool and add the coolest of story lines to the game...why? Because she's a gal!

Her little ones are, right now, hiding just outside of Pontigou Farm, waiting to give valuable info to the first soldier who comes by so she can feed the little ones....war is he'll...and female civilians suffer it the most. ADELE FOR GUEST CHARACTER...kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow4ce wrote:
Vote submitted. As much fun as having Adele would be, I love the old-school WWI uniform on Monsieur Percevil, and had a clever idea for his inclusion,mso I voted his way. Sorry Jim. Adele would have been my second.

Your wife said to sleep on the couch ...seriously, I appreciate your honesty...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:

Adele has the ability to "smoke" the most cunning soldier she encounters cool and add the coolest of story lines to the game...why? Because she's a gal!

That can be construed in many ways Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
MayorJim wrote:

That can be construed in many ways Jim

LOL! Way too funny..."smoke" as in deceive is what was meant kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.