Subject: Looking for a good Godzilla game for a 5 year old rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent Brighton
United States
Grass Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
My son is a huge Godzilla and ultraman fan. We play game as a family a lot. He currently plays tsuro, flash point fire resue (with a little help), and amazing maze. He asked for a Godzilla game for his birthday.

I want to get King of Tokyo, but I don't think he will think it is a Godzilla game.

What game do you think will be best? Godzilla: Stomp!, Godzilla: Kaiju World Wars, Godzilla Rampage, King of tokyo, etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
King of Tokyo rules!

Once you get him rolling the dice and landing claws on dad He'll love it! googoo

KoT is a great game for any age. I heard most of the games with the actual Godzilla license are not worth the time or money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
mbmbmbmbmb
Before King of Tokyo there was Monsters Menace America. I see King of Tokyo as a revised version of the showdown in the earlier game.

Monsters Menace America has other monsters including, a large insect, a blob, a huge eyeball.

It also has military units; air force, navy, army and national reserve. Now there's a game for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Caligari
United States
King of Prussia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smash Monster Rampage! will definetly have the look and feel of Godzilla, but it may be too much to play with a five year old unless you make up some house rules of your own. If you do, please post 'em.

Warning: Even though it is P'n'P, it is a large undertaking to print and assemble it all (it's a whole city!) so have an ink refill handy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
+ 1 for King of Tokyo, although the "Godilla" character is renamed "Gigazaur."

Not sure when your son's birthday is, but Kaiju City might be worth keeping an eye on. I think it's slated for a summer 2013 release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.