Subject: Out of stock or not? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if this is still available somewhere else? I ordered from the Plato Magazine site since that is the only place I could find it. (Says they have 684 units in stock) But after they took the payment, seven hours later the status of the shipment went from "Payment Received" to "Delivered". The problem is that I am in the USA and they are in Belgium, so seven hours is definitely not enough time to ship that. I have reached out via email to both the Plato site and the Sit Down site for clarification, but I have yet to receive any word on the status of the order. My concern is that something messed up and they think it has been delivered when it has not been. I was really looking forward to playing this expansion, hoping I can get a hold of it somewhere since Wiraqocha is one of my favorite games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Give them some time. They respond actually fast...but it is the weekend now

And yes, I have only seen this expansion at the plato website

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. I only ask because I actually placed the order last Monday and when I saw the "Delivered" status I figured something was wrong. So I emailed them, but unfortunately I have still yet to hear anything back. Which was surprising because everything I've read indicated that they are in fact very good about replying. Hopefully my concern is unfounded and it will just show up one day.

The part that gets me though is that the site says "Follow your order step by step" And for me that meant
-2013-02-11 06:53:33 Payment accepted
-2013-02-11 13:38:46 Delivered
-and then nothing. No tracking, no in transit, no your package is shipping, etc.

So not really sure what to do at this point since I can't seem to get any more info. Crossing fingers that "Delivered" means that it was delivered to the post office over there and everything after is just not tracked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Well, I do not know how their website goes, but I would guess that "delivered" means "delivered to the whatever mailing system they use"

Probably in a couple of days you will have another notice saying "package scanned at customs" or something similar.

Keep us updated and enjoy the game when it comes!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the good news is that "delivered" actually meant it was on its way. Got it in the mail today. The bad news is that the US post office needs to hire competent employees, at least for my area. Apologies if anyone reading this is a mailman, but the guys around here need a lesson in physics. He SHOULD have dropped it off at the front door when he realized it would not fit, but chose to cram it into the mailbox instead. When I opened it up I found that the mailman literally cracked the whole package in half, right down the middle in order to fit it into my mailbox. Inside the tile board was broken and four out of the six tiles had bent edges. The sticker sheet was bent as well. The cards survived though. The stickers still went on with no problem. The tile corners bent back well enough to play thankfully. So all in all I think it is playable. Just to clarify this was not the fault of the the shipper, this was just classic bad US post. Amazing that it can ship all the way from across the ocean unharmed only to get damaged mere feet from my door. Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ouch, that is terrible to hear!

Fortunately, the key components (cards and sticker) seem to have survived. What about the screens?

The extra tiles are nice in a 4 player game, but I suggest you use fewer in 2 or 3 player games (this is something we houseruled so as to have more competition).

Of course this is no excuse for the US post...oh, and more importantly: enjoy the game!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Bernard
United States
Fairview
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I started a new thread so it will be more noticeable, so check this out: Expansions to be available on Kickstater

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Delhez
Belgium
Leuze
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have added some entries to our eshop:

Wiraqocha / Real Somnium
Wiraqocha / The Way of the feathered Serpent
Wiraqocha / Scrolls of Quezacoalt

http://www.plato-magazine.com/platoshop/

Didier

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.