Popular Tags: [View All]
andrea melegari
Italy
parma
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,
i had my first game of kemet yesterday. Let's say i really liked the game even if it encurages battle a bit too much for my tastes..however i had the feeling that the level 2 white power ti le crusade is really overpowered. Gaining 2 ankh for every unit removed in battle both attacking and dedending if you have some damage bonus can give you a lot of ankh, too much i think.
Anyone with the same feeling? I think i'll house rule this one in: gain 2 ankh if you remove at least 1 unit in battle from opponent troop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
Welcome to the finals of the 43rd Stare Out Tournament. Press Esc to start.
mb
It isn't overpowered at all. There are plenty of other powers and combos to max out your ankh bar, it's just one of them. Furthermore, it's not even the most effective, as the opponents just have to play cards with heavy defense, so they won't cause or suffer casualties, while still win the battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect that we'll see similar threads for most of the tiles in the game, because most (if not all) of the tiles are broken if no-one bothers to look into the counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BARIOT Jacques
France
strasbourg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Gamethyme wrote:
I expect that we'll see similar threads for most of the tiles in the game, because most (if not all) of the tiles are broken if no-one bothers to look into the counters.

I think you're right
It was a hard job to find a good equilibrium between the cost/level and the powers of the different tiles.
But i think we succeed.

Nevertheless, some tiles may seem overpowered by reading the effect, but if you pay attention to other players' development, you may avoid to suffer from a powerfull combo or development (or build a stronger one )

Jacques
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
in our last game, we were busy complaining about how the +1 attack strength and the kill 2 units at the start of attacking tiles were totally overpowered, when I suddenly realised that with my +1 move tile and my elephant I could take over two empty temples in one move action and win the game.

No one in our games has really used that while tile you mention, we don't usually have too much problem with a faith shortage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
...when I suddenly realised that with my +1 move tile and my elephant I could take over two empty temples in one move action and win the game.

Now I'm wondering if I'm getting confused about a rule. As far as I can understand, you can only move 1 troop with a move action. You can drop figures off, but you can't "split" a troop so it goes in two directions.

So I assume that you were next to a temple, moved in, dropped off troops, and used the other two spaces to get to another temple? But I'm not seeing any temples within two spaces of each other.

What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
Quote:
...when I suddenly realised that with my +1 move tile and my elephant I could take over two empty temples in one move action and win the game.

Now I'm wondering if I'm getting confused about a rule. As far as I can understand, you can only move 1 troop with a move action. You can drop figures off, but you can't "split" a troop so it goes in two directions.

So I assume that you were next to a temple, moved in, dropped off troops, and used the other two spaces to get to another temple? But I'm not seeing any temples within two spaces of each other.

What am I missing?

I don't have it in front of me, but I think the Elephant is +1 movement as well. So +1 movement + Elephant = 3 Movement for that Troop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I don't have it in front of me, but I think the Elephant is +1 movement as well. So +1 movement + Elephant = 3 Movement for that Troop.

Yep, I counted three movement.

I found where you can do it - the two center temples are only 2 spaces apart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.