Subject: Text/scans for Artifact Tokens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Berserker in peace
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have won the Artifacts Sets 1 & 2 for MKD on ebay. However, the sets came without the Artifact tokens, which makes the sets unplayable ... cry

I wonder if anyone has such sets and is so kind as to post the small texts printed on these tokens.

In return to the favor, I will finish up and upload my custom rules of random dungeon generation a la Diablo-like games. You can play using any tile sets, such as the Builder's Kits or those hosted on dungeoncrawlers.com, without the need to generate a whole layout beforehand. Tiles are selected and placed randomly on the fly, which IMO adds more surprise, suspense and excitement than the original MKD. The only missing bit here is the information about the Exotic Artifacts...

Thanks in advance!

PS I wish I had come across MKD earlier. This IS the best dungeon crawler I've ever played, MUCH MUCH better than Dungeon Quest, Dungeon Run and Descent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Diamond
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aloha Leo,

Couldn't agree more with your assessment of MKD, we still play it, too. In fact, I've developed some dungeon encounter stories with NPcs to enhance the experience. Especially after I managed to obtain one of the Artifact sets, including tokens, last year.

I've scanned the tokens this morning -- they fit on two letter-size PDFs. I also found I have the Artifacts rules as a PDF. I can email them to you via your BGG email, if you like. Email me if you want these PDFs.

BTW, are you aware of the enthusiastic Mage Knight community over at RealmWorx, @
http://www.ccgrealms.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=222

Under the Resources section they have a ton of stuff, though I don't recall seeing the Artifacts tokens.
Cheers,

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berserker in peace
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Steve! (PM'ed you my email)

IIRC, there are three sets of Artifact tokens (weak/yellow, standard/blue, tough/red). Whereas Artifact Set 1 contains the blue and red tokens, Set 2 contains the yellow ones.

The Artifact Token Generator on dungeoncrawlers.com is to produce blank tokens with custom text. Other than that I haven't found any resources about the Artifact Sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Diamond
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HI Leo,

My Artifacts set must be #2, since I scanned red, blue & yellow tokens. I'll send by email.

We'll be happy to check your work when available, thanks! I'm always looking to make MKD more interesting & fun.

Aloha,

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Diamond
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ulfhethnar wrote:

In return to the favor, I will finish up and upload my custom rules of random dungeon generation a la Diablo-like games. You can play using any tile sets, such as the Builder's Kits or those hosted on dungeoncrawlers.com, without the need to generate a whole layout beforehand. Tiles are selected and placed randomly on the fly, which IMO adds more surprise, suspense and excitement than the original MKD...

Looking forward to your posting! Played MKD last night with my son, and Yes, the artifacts are great additions...even when I revealed the tough one that let my son add 2 MS totalling 100 pts. to the tile I was on, lol!

Does your tile generator identify which tiles to add by the WizKids tile numbers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berserker in peace
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the tiles are identified with numbers.

I've posted the draft here: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/11438808#11438808 Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rosendo ortega
Mexico
Nuevo Leon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally get the 2 artifacts sets last year... (almost 10 years later...), I'm working on the WMT and i think ill make this ones to, hope to finish them by the end of this week.

Artifact Token Texts:

Weak:
Attack!, Attack:7, Damage:3;
Attack!, Attack:8, Damage:3, +5 experience points;
Heal 1 clicks of damage;
Heal 2 clicks of damage;
Receive 1 clicks of damage;
Receive 2 clicks of damage;
Magic Item!, Boots of Speed, (+1 speed);
Magic Item!, Gloves of Strength, (+1 attack);
Magic Item!, Armor of Protection, (+1 defense);
Magic Item!, Sword of Sharpness, (+1 damage);
Refresh all Artifacts;

Standard:
Attack!, Attack:9, Damage:3, +10 experience points;
Attack!, Attack:9, Damage:4, +15 experience points;
Heal 2 clicks of damage;
Heal to current level;
Receive 2 clicks of damage;
Magic Confusion, Attack Successful!, See Magic Confusion Special Ability;
Magic Freeze, Attack Successful!, Damage:1, See Magic Freeze Special Ability;
Opponent places 2 Mage Spawn from the Pool, Total points 50;
Remove 1 Mage Spawn from the Dungeon;
Map!, Next activation teleport to any square;
Gain Command Special Ability permanently;
Gain Magic Immunity Special Ability permanently;
Refresh all Artifacts;

Tough:
Attack!, Attack:10, Damage:3, +20 experience points;
Attack!, Attack:9, Damage:use Weapon Master Special Ability, +25 experience points;
Hero gains 1 level;
Resurrect an eliminated Hero, Begin at 1st level;
Cursed!, Lose one level;
Receive 4 clicks of damage;
Cursed!, Turn Hero's dial clockwise until demoralized, if Hero cannot be Demoralized, Damage:4;
Treasure!, Place a treasure from the Treasure Pool;
Gain Weapon Master Special Ability permanently;
Gain Quickness Special Ability permanently;
Gain Toughness Special Ability permanently;
Opponent places 2 Mage Spawn from the Pool, Total points 100;
Refresh all Artifacts;
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rosendo ortega
Mexico
Nuevo Leon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys i just finished the AT's, just waiting for admin approval to release them in the MKD creative gallery, meanwhile check my gallery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berserker in peace
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! They look great!
I made myself a set of round tokens using a circular cutter on cardboard with the token images and backs mounted on both sides.
So did you change any of the content in the tokens?
Also what do you think of the "Refresh All Artifacts" tokens? The use of Artifacts feels more interesting when the Artifacts can always give something unless they get depleted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rosendo ortega
Mexico
Nuevo Leon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent that's what they were made for, glad u used them. i check every one of them so they were exact copies of the real ones (at least the best i could).

i use all tokens in games but in the end you can use a house rule to make the game more interesting for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ermeregildo Edeuterio
msg tools
hello can you send me the pdf, please? lascenizasdelfenix@hotmail.com
Thank you very much!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.