Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
I felt it was much easier to set a large board on the floor and organize the game's components than doing it on a table that is not big enough. I had this habbit of playing on the floor when I was younger. It grew into me and today at 32 years old , I still play on the floor. But you know what? That is going to change. You see as I'm getting older and not a little kid anymore , it hurts my legs if I'm down on the floor for a long time. Now I'm going to get accustomed to sit at a table and play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgamefreak2geek wrote:
...and today at 32 years old ...it hurts my legs if I'm down on the floor for a long time. Now I'm going to get accustomed to sit at a table and play

Others of us learned more quickly. So how are you at learning new games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
manus trium
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I thought for sure the main text would read,"I enjoy seeing my dog's poop littered with colorful boardgame fragments." meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Viglino
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
Slowed - BGG's moderation policies have driven me partially from here
badge
http://thegamebox.byethost15.com/smf/
mb
Carpeting was the final straw for me. Haven't done a game on
the floor in nearly a decade. Had to buy six more tables
in order to fit a big game a few years back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
manustrium wrote:
I thought for sure the main text would read,"I enjoy seeing my dog's poop littered with colorful boardgame fragments." meeple

I dont have a dog
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lozano
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely still enjoy the floor. Fortunately we have a decent sized table now for board games. When we first got married, my wife had some four person stone top table, that had an uneven top for aesthetics or something.. It was terrible for board games. Now we have a nice flat surface, and our rug on the floor isnt the flattest place so we tend to play at the table more. Sometimes I miss the floor though... Im a floor sitter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Used to love the floor, but lately the floor hates me. My hips and back hurt if I stay too long, even if I sit on a pillow. Fortunately, the dining room table is expandable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still enjoy the floor although we don't use it as much these days. Oddly it seems particularly nice for longer games, for some reason it's easier to stay comfortable while adjusting in an open floor space than adjusting in a chair over the course of 2-4 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
badge
Cheap as chips
mbmbmbmbmb
I still use the floor. When I grew up, there was only floor room in my bedroom, barely enough space for a bed, let alone a desk and the dining table was used by everyone else. My kids can't reach everything if it is on the table, and then they bash it, knocking the pieces over everywhere anyway.

I find that I have to lie on my front, switch to sitting down until my back hurts, then stretch out on my front again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris phillips
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sometimes I play games with my kids on the small rug in their room. Rest of the house is floor so it hurts sitting that long. Rug is fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vivienne Raper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We game on the floor. Our dining table isn't big enough.

Normally, we go into the spare bedroom to play games (there's no furniture in there at the moment). We have also been known to play on the upstairs landing, which - yes - attracts the attention of our dog.

Toq (the dog) doesn't poop on games, but he enjoys running across the board. He has scratched our Arkham Horror board with his nails.

He's also obsessed with dice, especially Magic the Gathering D20 life counters. He doesn't chew them. He simply grabs them in his mouth and runs off. The game stops while I chase him downstairs, coax him to drop the spittle-covered dice, dry the dice, and return to resume the game.

Interestingly, he managed an entire game of Quarriors without stealing a dice. He sat rapt for thirty minutes, watching us rolling dice as though a spectator in the stands at Wimbledon tennis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.