Subject: When can I play events? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Igor Bilanovic
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For instance Tinkering, do I have to play it in advance before the run, or can I play it during the run?

One additional question: How do I play upgrades as corp, on a remote server that already has, for instance, agenda on it. Do I play below it? Or on the same space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
before your run.

you can't take an action during another action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Bilanovic
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, that's what I thought.

How about the second question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Upgrades are played in the same place as assets or agendas. They are not supposed to be distinguishable from assets or agendas until rezzed (or exposed, when the runner gets to look at them). The idea is that you could ONLY have an upgrade there and the runner wouldn't be able to know if they haven't seen it and if there's an upgrade and an asset or agenda they shouldn't be able to know which was there first (unless they've somehow seen it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benedetto Loffredo
Italy
Portici (NA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BertMcCloud wrote:
The idea is that you could ONLY have an upgrade there

There is no limit to the number of upgrade installed in a server with the only exception that you can't have more than one region (rezzed or unrezzed)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan McLelland
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
Don't touch me!!!
badge
Hi! How are you?!?
mbmbmbmbmb
Upgrades can also be played on your central servers. If played on HQ, R&D or the Archives you play them in the root of the server. That is, directly behind the pile of cards that represents that server.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Complete & Sufficient Statistician
United States
North Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OpT1mUs wrote:
One additional question: How do I play upgrades as corp, on a remote server that already has, for instance, agenda on it. Do I play below it? Or on the same space?

A quick guideline for orienting cards in a remote server or a central server's root:

If the cards are facedown, the Runner should not be able to tell what is an agenda, what is an asset, and what is an upgrade.

Edit: Of course, advancement tokens do give some indication, as do reveal effects, but you get the point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Except in a central server's root, where only upgrades may be installed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Complete & Sufficient Statistician
United States
North Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
manydills wrote:
Except in a central server's root, where only upgrades may be installed.

Of course. That's a given.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OpT1mUs wrote:

However you want. You can install an asset/agenda "below" a previously installed upgrade, too, if you like.

The key is, they should be indistinguishable, but readily countable. No stacking them!

Personally, I use a partial corner-to-corner overlap. Easy to count, but conserves table space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.