Subject: [DECK] Jinteki: The Bluff rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie Jay
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing with my brother and I came up with an idea for a Jinteki deck without any ambush Assets. The basic idea is to play as though you have a trap coming out any minute, hard ICEing your primary servers and fast advancing low cost agendas using the Weyland ICE as advancement banks. Let me know what you think!

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Total Cards: (48)

Agenda: (10)
Fetal AI (Trace Amount) x3
Nisei MK II (Core) x3
Braintrust (What Lies Ahead) x3
Private Security Force (Core) x1

Asset: (5)
Melange Mining Corp (Core) x2
PAD Campaign (Core) x3

ICE: (22)
Chum (Core) x2
Data Mine (Core) x2
Enigma (Core) x3
Ice Wall (Core) x3
Neural Katana (Core) x3
Sensei (Trace Amount) x3
Shadow (Core) x3
Wall of Thorns (Core) x3

Operation: (11)
Beanstalk Royalties (Core) x3
Precognition (Core) x2
Trick of Light (Trace Amount) x3
Hedge Fund (Core) x3

Upgrade: (0)

Total Agenda Points: 20

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 0
Jinteki: 33
NBN: 0
The Weyland Consortium: 9
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conny Karlsson
Sweden
Skövde
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm kind of thinking "why not just play HB if you want to go with huge remotes"

I understand your idea it's just... it's almost like if i played Noise and went "i'm not including any viruses, it'll totally throw my opponent off guard!"

If you're going for the big server strategy, why not include akitaro?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksi Laitinen
Finland
flag msg tools
I always design my decks assuming that my opponent knows the exact decklist, and most of the time either show it to them or explain the general strategy the deck uses. Get better games that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Jay
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A1win wrote:
I always design my decks assuming that my opponent knows the exact decklist, and most of the time either show it to them or explain the general strategy the deck uses. Get better games that way.

I don't understand why you would want your opponent to know your deck list. That seems contrary to the purpose of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Jay
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Druni wrote:
I'm kind of thinking "why not just play HB if you want to go with huge remotes"

I understand your idea it's just... it's almost like if i played Noise and went "i'm not including any viruses, it'll totally throw my opponent off guard!"

If you're going for the big server strategy, why not include akitaro?

Akitaro isn't a bad idea, I just hadn't put him in. And the point isn't to play huge remotes, but to make your centrals dangerous to run on and use your remotes as a shell game without a marble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I also purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
badge
I purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would get more variety in ICE, it's something I've been trying lately and quite liking. Most of my ICE except "key players" I run at 2x, the results have been nice as the added variety makes the runner make prediction mistakes (expecting 3x of a given ICE) and also makes the deck capable of having costly ICE to pass against a wider range of breakers (less susceptible to "perfect tools").

I would drop 1 Sensai, 1 Wall of Thorns and 1 Enigma and run 3x Pop Up Window for economy. Then pull Beanstalk for +1 Precog, and as many Shipment from Kagyua as you can fit -- or Akitaro. Also your count is only 48 so you may as well add 1 more card (Akitaro)?

EDIT: Also, I'd replace data mine with something that has more permanent teeth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksi Laitinen
Finland
flag msg tools
Kahrash wrote:
A1win wrote:

I don't understand why you would want your opponent to know your deck list. That seems contrary to the purpose of the game.

It is to allow the opponent to make more rational decisions when thinking of actions to take. If he knows there are no traps in the deck, he won't be afraid to run to the remote servers, and vice versa. I guess the point is that it brings us closer to the "worst case scenario" in those games, where the opponent has "guessed" the decklist right.

I'm not saying everyone should always do this, and in a tournament your opponent wouldn't know the deck anyway. It's just a way to make the "sparring" more beneficial, and easier to determine if the deck works well. If I played against someone I don't usually play with, I probably wouldn't tell the decklist. The "always" I mentioned is a bit misleading, as so far, I've always only played with a couple of my friends.

Either way, if your opponent doesn't see any traps in your deck for a long while during a game, he probably starts taking more risks running into your agendas that "might" be traps.

Oh, and I did mean that we only assume that the opponent knows the decklist during the game, not when deckbuilding. That wouldn't make any sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A1win wrote:
Kahrash wrote:
A1win wrote:

It is to allow the opponent to make more rational decisions when thinking of actions to take. If he knows there are no traps in the deck, he won't be afraid to run to the remote servers, and vice versa. I guess the point is that it brings us closer to the "worst case scenario" in those games, where the opponent has "guessed" the decklist right.

I'm not saying everyone should always do this, and in a tournament your opponent wouldn't know the deck anyway. It's just a way to make the "sparring" more beneficial, and easier to determine if the deck works well. If I played against someone I don't usually play with, I probably wouldn't tell the decklist. The "always" I mentioned is a bit misleading, as so far, I've always only played with a couple of my friends.

Either way, if your opponent doesn't see any traps in your deck for a long while during a game, he probably starts taking more risks running into your agendas that "might" be traps.

Oh, and I did mean that we only assume that the opponent knows the decklist during the game, not when deckbuilding. That wouldn't make any sense.

I could see doing this for your second game, but not telling them the deck before playing once blind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sirjonsnow wrote:

I could see doing this for your second game, but not telling them the deck before playing once blind.

I agree with this, part of this "sparring" is learning how to read a deck blind, and trying to predict the rest of deck and plays based on that. It's a very useful skill to see a matrix analyser and expect an ice wall, woodcutter or shadow. To see a corporate troubleshooter and expect an archer or rototurret, etc. the predictions may not always be right but it certainly helps to develop those senses through experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott West
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmb
Kahrash wrote:
Akitaro isn't a bad idea, I just hadn't put him in. And the point isn't to play huge remotes, but to make your centrals dangerous to run on and use your remotes as a shell game without a marble.

Except that you're playing a shell game with all marbles. That's why you need traps, IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.