Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Keeping
United States
Newburgh
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We run 4 seasons a year in the SWIGG, each over 13 weeks. This game was game #5 of the season, attended by Ron K. (the writer), Andrew K., Jeremy G., and Tom N. After having NOT played E & T for 6 months, I was very happy to have been able to bring it out again this week, after having played it last week as well. This game deserves its high ranking, and I only wish we had the chance to play it more often (we usually have too many players).

Everyone behaved in a manner similar to how we played last week...we each established our own kingdoms, with every player trying to control all of the classes in his kingdom. It seemed in the early and mid-game that Jeremy and Rick were leading, Andrew was struggling, and I was minding my own business at the south end of the board (I learned my lesson last week about interference). Jeremy had a couple of nice monuments to himself in the early going. My only adventure was to horn in on Andrew's red and green monument for a few turns up north, until he kicked me out.

As the end game approached, however, Jeremy and Rick started picking on each other. I remained unassiled in the south, and no one was paying attention to Andrew. So, imagine our surprise when the game ended, and everyone revealed their points, and Andrew had one. Give him credit for a balanced growth strategy. Purposeful conflict in this game continues to seem to be a bad idea, if you can avoid it. I was second, Jeremy came in third, and Tom was last.

The only material change in standings was my move up to a tie for first place with Rick in total points (that'll teach him to miss a week). Andrew continues to dominate in batting average, cause he only shows up on weeks when he wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.