Subject: Got $50! What should I get? HELP!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Miller
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got $50 and need some help deciding what to get at my LGS. I'm thinking about:

Shadows Over Camelot (Is this any good? It looks fun but how is it after 10+ plays?)
Caylus
Elasund
Primordial Soup

Please let me know what you think of these or feel free to add your own suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Have faith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my two cents for your $50:

Dustin Miller wrote:

Shadows Over Camelot (Is this any good? It looks fun but how is it after 10+ plays?)
Caylus
Elasund
Primordial Soup

ShOC - I have only played this two or three times. I'm thinking after 10 plays it might not be so much fun any more. The problem with coop games like this one is that you are playing against the game, which may get old faster than playing against a human, those wiley unpredictables humans.

Caylus - This is a pretty heavy game, heavier than anything you've got in your profile. I recommend it, but only if you and the people you play with want a heavy game. I've only played a couple times, both 2 player, but it seems very good so far. Time will tell how often it comes off the shelf and gets played.

Elasund - I haven't played, but from what I've read it looks like something you might like.

Primoridal Soup - I played this once and I liked it.

Other recommendations:

You have most of the best lighter games already.
Check out the most played games to get ideas of what people like:

http://boardgamegeek.com/playstats.php3?action=docustomquery...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Stone
United States
Sedro-Woolley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
To all my geekfriends, I know I haven't been around much lately, but BGG is still my homepage and everyone is still in my heart everyday. Just so damn busy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well Dustin, I suggest you take that $50 and place it in a security envelope addressed to Jennifer Stone, 2309 28th Ct,......just kidding.

devil

Looking at your wishlist, I would suggest Ingenious or Samurai for games that you are interested in. I do support the idea of looking around a bit more too.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I notice you have both Carcassonne and Alhambra on your personal Top 10 list, so the one game that comes immediately to mind is Tigris & Euphrates. While it's a little heavier than the tile-laying games you already own and enjoy, if you like tile-laying games, then you've got to try Tigris. It works very well with 2, 3, and 4 players, and has enormous replayability. I'd say that'd be the best use of half of your $50.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Stormont
United States
Uxbridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd second Jennifer's recommendations. (No, no, not the part about giving the money to her...) Both Ingenious and Samurai are excellent games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.