BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Paul's gospel must be accepted rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Fun_With_Fundies [+] [View All]
rob stone
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Paul’s gospel must be accepted, it must be believed today, and you can be sure that confusion concerning that gospel through the use of a counterfeit gospel; a gospel that looks so much like Paul’s gospel that you’d not know the difference, if you didn’t clearly know Paul’s gospel, will be Satan’s focus in this age of grace.

One of Satan’s purpose in this age of grace is to confuse Paul’s gospel with a gospel so nearly to it, and there are many people out there today saying all you have to do is to believe in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and you’re saved. They believe this in almost every church across the board that Christ died, was buried and rose again, but what do they believe was accomplished by that death, burial and resurrection?

In their minds, they were separating themselves for God by their sin, and Paul is saying that God has already reconciled you where your sins are concerned. God is reconciled where the sins of the world are concerned, because he imputed those sins to Christ, that all who would believe what he imputed to Christ, that that resolved the sin issue forever, and are now joined to his son and have his righteousness freely counted to them, or imputed to their account.

Paul called it the ministry of reconciliation, Christ fulfilled the law for us, so we are identified with the righteousness of Christ the moment we take God at his word, obedient to the faith, concerning what Christ accomplished on our behalf. Today our service comes not out of apprehension to any of those things; our service today comes based solely on our appreciation for what Christ has already done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dcdkkkgEcE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or not!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul's gospel is OK, but Ringo's bluegrass is much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
You again? Really, another crackpot statement and a nonsensical YouTube vid? This schtick is getting stale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In most western cultures, the evidence (declining church attendance) seems to indicate the opposite.

Even tax free, a lot of churches are dying- when the boomers die, many more churches will die. I have a friend whose churchgoing and over half of their church is over 60 already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's sort of mean of the OP to make fun of the Christians. They are perfectly capable of looking silly on their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
The forgiveness of my sin was settled 2000 years ago, when Christ died for me and everybody else. So fuck all this noise, and let's get past it already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer to believe that if Satan is real, that Saul is his agent in any gospel he has written or has been claimed to have written. I find it much easier that Satan blinded Saul on the road to Damascus with angelic beauty and used him as his pawn to undermine the church and twist it to his ends. Anyone who accepts Saul the Heretic as an apostle is working for Satan. Jesus picked his teachers to continue his ministry and Saul wasn't one of them.

Someone posted an excellent quote just recently, and I paraphrase, "Satan's greatest achievement is not that he convinced people he didn't exist, it's that he convinced people he was God.

I think it interesting to consider the bible from the possibility that after God kicked the couple out of Eden, he left the picture altogether and moved on to other experiments/projects and all other encounters with "God" afterwords were with Satan placing himself in God's role. Things start to make more sense that way.

If you are going to cast so called pearls into our pen, try some stuff with a little more credibility. Using the David Koresh of the first century barely makes us look up from our slop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's what I meant, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
MUST ACCEPT PAUL.

Hey, I like kool-aid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
I prefer to believe that if Satan is real, that Saul is his agent in any gospel he has written or has been claimed to have written. I find it much easier that Satan blinded Saul on the road to Damascus with angelic beauty and used him as his pawn to undermine the church and twist it to his ends. Anyone who accepts Saul the Heretic as an apostle is working for Satan. Jesus picked his teachers to continue his ministry and Saul wasn't one of them.

Someone posted an excellent quote just recently, and I paraphrase, "Satan's greatest achievement is not that he convinced people he didn't exist, it's that he convinced people he was God.

I think it interesting to consider the bible from the possibility that after God kicked the couple out of Eden, he left the picture altogether and moved on to other experiments/projects and all other encounters with "God" afterwords were with Satan placing himself in God's role. Things start to make more sense that way.

If you are going to cast so called pearls into our pen, try some stuff with a little more credibility. Using the David Koresh of the first century barely makes us look up from our slop.
A video posted on another thread got me thinking along these lines. Given that the three religions that recognize the existence of Satan(ish) are (or have been) in conflict over the same bit of scrub land are they in fact followers of god or the victims of one almighty con job by the great deceiver?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
newnature wrote:
Paul’s gospel must be accepted, it must be believed today, and you can be sure that confusion concerning that gospel through the use of a counterfeit gospel; a gospel that looks so much like Paul’s gospel that you’d not know the difference, if you didn’t clearly know Paul’s gospel, will be Satan’s focus in this age of grace.

One of Satan’s purpose in this age of grace is to confuse Paul’s gospel with a gospel so nearly to it, and there are many people out there today saying all you have to do is to believe in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and you’re saved. They believe this in almost every church across the board that Christ died, was buried and rose again, but what do they believe was accomplished by that death, burial and resurrection?

In their minds, they were separating themselves for God by their sin, and Paul is saying that God has already reconciled you where your sins are concerned. God is reconciled where the sins of the world are concerned, because he imputed those sins to Christ, that all who would believe what he imputed to Christ, that that resolved the sin issue forever, and are now joined to his son and have his righteousness freely counted to them, or imputed to their account.

Paul called it the ministry of reconciliation, Christ fulfilled the law for us, so we are identified with the righteousness of Christ the moment we take God at his word, obedient to the faith, concerning what Christ accomplished on our behalf. Today our service comes not out of apprehension to any of those things; our service today comes based solely on our appreciation for what Christ has already done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dcdkkkgEcE

You are so CUTE!

I want to take you home and just eat you up, you little scamp!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Life is a lamp-flame before a wind.
msg tools
badge
mu
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
The forgiveness of my sin was settled 2000 years ago, when Christ died for me and everybody else. So fuck all this noise, and let's get past it already.

That's not how it works. This is how it works:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me." -Emo Philips
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin C wrote:
newnature wrote:

Problem is, Paul doesn't say that. That's what Anselm says Paul says. And if someone has told you a hundred times that that is what Paul is saying and you then go and read him, then it suddenly looks like that is what Paul is actually saying. However if you read what Paul is actually saying, then he isn't saying that at all.

Anselm constructed his notion of penal substitution on the basis of the feudal notion of justice, in which the transgression of a vassal damaged the honour of their lord. The only way for that honour to be restored was for someone to be punished to satisfy the debt of honour. The victim did not need to be the perpetrator, because it was the lord's honour which was at stake and not the individual vassal's.

In the feudal framework, penal substitution makes perfect sense. The problem is we no longer regard feudal morality as normative, nor does anyone try to claim that God's morality is feudal. So nowadays the process is described by a judicial metaphor - usually as a judge who passes sentence, then comes down off the bench to pay the fine himself, thus enabling Him be merciful without compromising His justice.

Which sounds convincing right up to the point that you actually start thinking about it. In what sense can that be described as justice? It doesn't fulfil any fundamental expectation:
- The victim of sin is not restored/recompensed.
- The perpetrator is not punished.
or any other expectation...
- There is no deterrent.
- Society is not protected from future sins of the same perpetrator.

In other words, you can only claim God is being just if you redefine 'just' to mean something completely different.

The whole thing sorts itself out quite nicely once you discard the false binary heaven/hell paradigm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PomInNZ wrote:
MisterCranky wrote:

Your sins were forgiven before you committed them? So all sins are sins against God and those human beings you harm get no say in the matter?

If you murdered my child, and god told me you were forgiven without my permission, I'd say 'screw you' to God.

Awful awful religion, totally unjust.

I don't accept the punishment of another in my place. If they are my sins, I will face the consequences, I don't give God permission to use another's suffering to placate his need for vengeance and consider accepting such a thing to be utterly evil.

In fact I find the central message of Christianity to be repellent.

Don't ask me, I'm just quoting one of the related videos. You couldn't pay me to make that shit up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
In most western cultures, the evidence (declining church attendance) seems to indicate the opposite.

Even tax free, a lot of churches are dying- when the boomers die, many more churches will die. I have a friend whose churchgoing and over half of their church is over 60 already.

What's it mean when 90% of my church is under 40?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

That your church is doing exceptionally well!

Congratulations.

http://www.familyfacts.org/charts/620/church-attendance-is-d...
[img]http://thf_media.s3.amazonaws.com/familyfacts/charts-web/620...[/img]

This trend could reverse. But for now the trend is down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll only accept Paul if you trade me three wood
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
AdrianPHague wrote:
I'll only accept Paul if you trade me three wood

Don't do it! Pauls aren't tradeable in that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I'm ready to accept Paul's gospel!

Now, what do I have to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mondainai wrote:

Firstly forget everything Christ actually said...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K
Canada
toronto
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mondainai wrote:

Fill out the entry form on the back cover of your bible and wait for your fabulous prizes to arrive!

Unless you're interested in a more activist type of christianity, in which case, find a concrete floor and bang your head against it until god tells you to stop.

Either way, I don't see how you can lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:

Maybe they've worked out that the best way to get young people in is to function as a dating agency offering introductions to like-minded people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
mb
kade wrote:
Mondainai wrote:

Fill out the entry form on the back cover of your bible and wait for your fabulous prizes to arrive!

You think you are kidding. I'm waiting for an answer from OP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:

That you guys have an xbox in the church's basement?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.