$35.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: New downloads for the DX9, SENATOR Shuttle and CLASS-A Containers!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just finished all the pending stuff for the DX9, the Class-A containers and the Corellian Star Shuttle (Senator's Shuttle).

The nicest add this time is the new kinds of Corellian shuttle cards and tokens ready to play! There you can find cards and base for the Senator Shuttle (nothing pretty fun there), the cards and base for an Armed Transport (with two new equipement cards) and finally the infamous "Corellia Bay", la creme de la creme in the smugglers world

I've uploaded files for the containers too (rules revised and two variants for the bases) and finally the DX9 document revised (YES, IT NOW HAS CREW!) and this time in GERMAN too!

REMEMBER THAT IF YOU WANT THE MINIATURES AND BASES FOR ANY OF THESE, you can get them vía Shapeways here:

Find the links below the image:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Fuentes
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Un trabajo extraordinario! Enhorabuena!

Excellent work! Kudos!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex McKechnie
msg tools
mbmb
Gorgeous work, as always!

--Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Klöckner
Germany
Ulmen
MYK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
;-)
I like your nice Work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I painted (at last) the Senator's Shuttle... I'm not a hell of a painter but it looks awesome at the table!

Now it's time to face off the DX9 against the armed Corellian Shuttle... and see what happens!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sper helpful files, and the painted one looks great!

Thanks ^,^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Case
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was in one of the threads about the containers (I think) someone posted a link to a non-shapeways store that had compatible posts and stands for significantly less. Does anyone recall who had the cheap bases and pegs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CorSec Engineering does the acrylic bases. The larger sizes are in stock now.

With the savings on the bases, I was able to splurge on higher quality ship printing =^,^=

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Case
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brilliant! That's the one I was thinking of.

***edit***
Okay, stupid question: the omnistand 3/16" diameter hole pegs fits the shapeways models, right? And what size base did you guys go with for the Containers and the Shuttle? The Large Starfighter stands, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kabong wrote:

Okay, stupid question: the omnistand 3/16" diameter hole pegs fits the shapeways models, right? And what size base did you guys go with for the Containers and the Shuttle? The Large Starfighter stands, correct?

I'm going with the Shuttle Stands (40x60) for containers, shuttle, and trnasport. The large fighter stand is the 80x80 for YT-1300 sized ships.

The hole inside the shapeways looks like 3/32, but it has a very thick wall around it which can be drill out.

I don't actually have my CorSec stands yet. I'll wait and buy them directly from their booth at Cold Wars next month. They usually show up at the HMGS East gaming conventions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Rees
msg tools
unliar wrote:
I painted (at last) the Senator's Shuttle... I'm not a hell of a painter but it looks awesome at the table!

Now it's time to face off the DX9 against the armed Corellian Shuttle... and see what happens!

Out the selection of the material for the 3d printing - what material options was this? Cause I see the clear base...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
taffeh wrote:

Out the selection of the material for the 3d printing - what material options was this? Cause I see the clear base...

For the first batch I orderer "transparent detail" for the bases... But it is really unworthy. Tooo much money for a translucent flat piece. It is far better to get the bases black, material is porous matt and strong... Looks really good on the table in black.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Rees
msg tools
cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Case
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So all the tutorials I've seen for minis painting say to primer the item first. But since those are lead figures and not these funky shapeways plastics - do you still primer them, or can you just slather the paint on straight away?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davyd A
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kabong wrote:
So all the tutorials I've seen for minis painting say to primer the item first. But since those are lead figures and not these funky shapeways plastics - do you still primer them, or can you just slather the paint on straight away?

Anything I've ordered from Shapeways I prime, though I admit that's largely habit and you might not need to. Though it also helps to reduce the rough look a bit too. On the other hand, it will reduce detail slightly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, prime metal minis. Helps the paint last longer, and makes it easier to paint.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davyd A
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Yes, prime metal minis. Helps the paint last longer, and makes it easier to paint.

-shnar

He's asking if the advice he found for painting metal minis applies to painting shapeways printings....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then prime the shapeways figs too. Paint on paint is always better.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It is always better to prime them first, even if the plastic can retain paint pretty well, primer ensures that next layers of paint will get a better coverage not needing to give more than two layers for lighter colors (white, red..). The plastic is too porous (that's good for me indeed) but without primer washes can have weird effects.

You can get Vallejo Primer (or any other) in spray for not much money if you don´t have already one. So priming will take no more than a couple of minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Case
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So how in the hell do you do those thin yellow warning stripes on the black at the top of the container? I tried and tried and wound up with blobs of sickly yellow that were nothing like a stripe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not started painting my containers yet, but I've painted many stripes, numbers, letters, etc on many a mini. If it's a job that I think is too fine lined for me to free-hand, I draw teh outline first using Micron Art .005 pens (available at Craft and Art stores or through Amazon); and then just paint between the lines ^,^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Hidalgo
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kabong wrote:
So how in the hell do you do those thin yellow warning stripes on the black at the top of the container? I tried and tried and wound up with blobs of sickly yellow that were nothing like a stripe.

Yellow has worse coverage than black, so I usually paint the area yellow first, it may need two layers. Then you can paint the lines black, black covers pretty well over yellow.

You'll need a thin brush to do it and a bit of pulse... but as Cat O'Mighty said... for the black lines you can use a pen. I sometimes use pens for really small details, all you have to take care about is that if you use pens, the black can be blurred dirty all around if you then use varnish over it. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
unliar wrote:
I sometimes use pens for really small details, all you have to take care about is that if you use pens, the black can be blurred dirty all around if you then use varnish over it. shake

Ah, that's the beauty of Micron Art Pens (also Faber Castell : Pitt Artist Pens XS) these have archival quality ink and do not run when varnished! They might blur a bit if rubbed before completely dry. They take longer to dry on glass paint than flat. But even if not completely dry, they won't run when spray varnished.

Do not use Sharpies.... cry

--Cat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Case
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, there's my problem! I did yellow on black instead of black on yellow. Ah well, for next time!

Anyway, I got my friend - the one who paints minis a bunch - to come bat cleanup for me. He straightened out some lines, fixed some tiny errors I would have never noticed and did the yellow stripes for me. They're not perfect, but they look pretty damn good.

Also, I'm waiting for my dip on them to dry. As soon as the photo is approved, I'll link it here for all to see!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spiff Spaceagent
msg tools
Hi
Have only just seen that you can buy these at shapeways -really nice work! Think I will order there soon. Just have a small comment to the otherwise brilliant ship cards and ship tokens - the Corellia bay pilot cars states agility as 1 but all the others and ship tokens say 2.
Is it normal for ships like these to have pilotskill 0 ? Seems very low for the Corellia bay, but I havent played with ships like this yet.
Reall like your work - and if I may ask - which program do you use to make the 3D model/drawing for printing? I would like to try myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.