Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Roney
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I get another gold and buy a geek badge while I still have a new user badge, what will happen?

Will everyone get mad at me?

Will the "new user" badge disappear?

Will my avatar, et al, get too tall because I also have a supporter badge?

I do still have a couple of games which are not in the database...........

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone will, rightfully, be very cross with you until your Newbie sticker goes away. You're going on my list right now. Shame on you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
We will plot your demise. The death of a thousand plastic playing pieces will await you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kice
United States
Shorewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You contributed to the site? YOU BASTARD! May all your games turn into Monopoly while you sleep...

Seriously, though - just do your best to ignore the static. I used to spend many hours on the weekends gathering new stuff for the site before folks started beating me up for my prolific earning for contributions and equally prolific spending at the auctions.

After sulking for a month, I've managed to get the bad taste out of my mouth and have started queuing up more games and pictures for updates. (The PMs from people telling me that they were on my side and some backing from the admins also really helped me dust myself off.)

Long story short, your GeekGold was earned making this site we all love just that much better. Feel good about that and don't sweat the haters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Will the "new user" badge disappear?

Will my avatar, et al, get too tall because I also have a supporter badge?

Your new user badge and your geek badge will stack like you see the admins badges or the game designers badges. Click on aldie's name next to his posts to see what I mean.

I wouldn't get too used to it though, as I believe the new user badge goes poof after 30 days (that's just a stab in the dark, but I'm sure it's pretty close).

I'm curious as to what will happen year after year, when someone has been a supporter for more than 3 years, as to how the years on the badge below will be situated. Aldie seems to have gotten around that temporarily by removing the BGG off of the supporter badge, leaving just supporter and enough room for 3 years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Roney
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Your new user badge and your geek badge will stack like you see the admins badges or the game designers badges. Click on aldie's name next to his posts to see what I mean.

I suppose it would be even worse if I had a game designer badge, but the only game design credits I can claim are all for video/computer games.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:

I'm curious as to what will happen year after year, when someone has been a supporter for more than 3 years, as to how the years on the badge below will be situated. Aldie seems to have gotten around that temporarily by removing the BGG off of the supporter badge, leaving just supporter and enough room for 3 years.

The current plan is to replace them with Flash Media that will cause each year that someone has supported the site for to scroll down the screen in shimmering gold numbers while a trumpet fanfare plays whenever you mouseover the Supporter badge.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kice
United States
Shorewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
The current plan is to replace them with Flash Media that will cause each year that someone has supported the site for to scroll down the screen in shimmering gold numbers while a trumpet fanfare plays whenever you mouseover the Supporter badge.

Wait, are you going to also implement a blocking system...

What good is a dead horse if you can't beat it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.