Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Clapperton
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe this has been covered, if so, apologies. There used to be a selection of t-shirts, mugs, and such with the logo on them. Is that gone now? I was wondering if a bumper sticker is or could be available at some point...it would be an interesting way of advertising your hobby, without being too obnoxious. A simple sticker with the BGG dude - and maybe "Got Game?" next to it... just a thought!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would buy a smaller sticker, or a button. Not owning a car, bumper stickers are too large for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Connolly
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I also would buy one too and use it on the back of my laptop too, if it looked nice enough. Add some personality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clapjaws wrote:
There used to be a selection of t-shirts, mugs, and such with the logo on them. Is that gone now? I was wondering if a bumper sticker is or could be available at some point...it would be an interesting way of advertising your hobby, without being too obnoxious. A simple sticker with the BGG dude - and maybe "Got Game?" next to it... just a thought!

I ran across this recently, but don't recall where, perhaps linked with the offer for BGG Con T-shirts. It's some on-line merchant. No bumperstickers, alas.

I've always wondered ... is the BGG Dude a caricature of anyone maybe even remotely associated with the site? I seem to never be able to disassociate Aldie from that image (edit - Of course, that was his old avatar!). Has anyone else noticed with the update that he's no longer running along the board spaces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Found it:

http://www.cafepress.com/bgg

And, there are stickers, though there is no indication what size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Clapperton
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - that's what I was looking for!

Imagine being in a new town and seeing that logo on someone's backpack, thermos, forehead, whatever... instant conversation starter. By the way - the function to find gamers with your zipcode works great - everyone should consider putting their info in.

Thanks again,
Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Clapperton
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh - and if I remember correctly - the gamer dude is Greg Schloesser (sorry if I mispelled that!). That dude cranked out some great reviews, session reports, etc. back when this first started up (and still does, over at boardgamenews.com).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.