Gunship: First Strike!» Forums » Rules

Subject: The use of "Lucky Shot" and "Second Chance" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C East
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a four player team game yesterday and my team was clearly winning. Heavy Defense Cannons are a brutal upgrade to have on your side, but that is beside the point. The opposing team did an attack run and we scored seven hits after rerolling and then they player a lucky shot to change one of the Double Hits to a miss. Needless to say there was controversy and a literal reading of the rules fell on their side of the fence.

So the question is can you use Lucky Shot to change a die someone else rolled? Can you use Second Chance to force someone to reroll the dice that they rolled?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wood
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Gunship: First Strike! A hit on Kickstarter and soon available as a PreOrder!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes on both!

ANY die roll or ANY die.

Heavy Defense Cannons are quite powerful. If you are seeing a little TOO much of them you guys should try the "Draw 6, choose 3" rule of Upgrades. It makes your games more varied and keeps the same guys from choosing the same Upgrades every time. Also helps you to try new combos that you otherwise may not have used.

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C East
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blarg zombie that could be quite annoying. I will make sure I explain that at the beginning of a game to new people.

On a side note. Draw 6 pick 3? We are drawing 4 and picking 3 to make it more random but we are still getting them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.