Subject: Buy new cards? Mine are just so worn out.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve De George
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I've never sleeved cards but this game just gets so much play a lot of the cards are ruined.

Is there anyway to get new cards without buying the entire game again?

On the question of sleeves, they seem to really make the stacks of cards to draw from giant. Are there better sleeves are are super thin and don't do that?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt you can purchase new cards separate from the game.

This is definitely a "sleeve-worthy" game. I found that the premium sleeves compact after some use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve De George
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Fantasy Flight has been doing print-on-demand expansions for Death Angel and I'm sure other games. I wish they would allow print-on-demand for their older games. :(

What type of sleeve do you use? Maybe forcible compression is possible with a heavy book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram Verbiest
Belgium
Kaprijke
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was the only game I knew I was going to play a LOT so sleeving was just a logical step. Also for expansion, if you can tell the difference between cards form different expansion because of the 'worn-status' it can potentially ruin gameplay.

I use premium sleeves (brown mayday I think?), and big decks are really nog a problem...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Thraka wrote:
Fantasy Flight has been doing print-on-demand expansions for Death Angel and I'm sure other games. I wish they would allow print-on-demand for their older games.

What type of sleeve do you use? Maybe forcible compression is possible with a heavy book.

I always do and always recommend force compression of sleeved cards after sleeving. Learned that trick back in the M:tG days.
Premium sleeves are the best way to go. Even with the cards sleeved and the races sleeved all my stuff still fits in the base game box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
I can also recommend staying away from mayday. Their sleeves vary in both width and height for supposedly the same sleeve. Height is fine... but width? That's ridiculous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used FFG sleeves and compressed them for 24-48 hours under a heavy book. This slimmed them down considerably but they also slim down further naturally as they are used.

Like Patrick, I've sleeved all the cards and alien sheets and stored the cards in Ultra Pro Deck Boxes and I can still fit everything (including all 3 expansions) in the base game box. It's a heavy sucker but it fits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.