Thunderstone Advance: Towers of Ruin» Forums » Rules

Subject: quick question about using certain trophies. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Bittner
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Hey guys i just got this game so im really new at it so, so I was hopping someone can clarify some ?'s for me. when the trophies are optional to use when its worded "May use" is that your only time or can you use it at a later time? also The Monster Phoneix the Trophey says Gain 3xp place pheonix ontop of dugeon deck. So the Phoneix is gonna go back ontop of the dungeon cards,unless you discard it or place it on your deck before you must resolve the Trophy effect. Sadly, you lose the VP for it when its Trophy effect occurs. “It got better.” How are you able to do that if it states to put it ontop of the cards? I hope this isnt confusing you guys cause it totally makes no sense to me so maybe someone can explain it better to me? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stivers
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I remember trophie effects always happen unless it has wording like "may" or is a trigger effect. So the Phoenix happens no matter what. That is my understanding

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Reynolds
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm going to deal with this the best that I can.

First, trophies are mandatory. Some give you a condition you can choose to or not to fulfill to get a benefit. That option happens every time you draw the card into your hand.

I think the second question is about how you can put the Phoenix on top of your deck before the Trophy effect fires off. According to the rulebook, you can intermingle the order you perform Trophy effects with when you perform Village/Dungeon effects. So if you use a Village/Dungeon effect that would either discard or put the Phoenix on top of your deck before you use the Phoenix's Trophy, you won't have to put Phoenix on top of the dungeon deck.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bittner
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
yeah thanks that helps me alot! I also have one more question for the spoils once you win a battle and get a spoils from an enemy and use it was that a one time thing or can you use it again if it happens to be in your hand once you go back into the dungeon and win another battle? Hope someone can help me with this one also. Thanks guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
germanguy wrote:
yeah thanks that helps me alot! I also have one more question for the spoils once you win a battle and get a spoils from an enemy and use it was that a one time thing or can you use it again if it happens to be in your hand once you go back into the dungeon and win another battle? Hope someone can help me with this one also. Thanks guys.

Spoils from enemies only occur after you defaet them. Only trophy effects Activate if the monster card is in your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fell
United States
East Patchogue
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
freddieyu wrote:
germanguy wrote:

Spoils from enemies only occur after you defaet them. Only trophy effects Activate if the monster card is in your hand.

bump
So your saying it will go in my discard pile and when I redraw it then will go on to the dungeon pile? Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
isearch wrote:

bump
So your saying it will go in my discard pile and when I redraw it then will go on to the dungeon pile? Anyone?

You only quoted spoils rules, and not the Phoenix, but... for the Phoenix that has the trophy effect that puts it on top of the monster deck then answer is "sorta". When you defeat the Phoenix it goes into your discard pile. When you take an action (Rest, Village, Dungeon, Prepare) the madatory trophy effect occurs and it goes on top of the monster deck (not when you redraw it which happens at the end of a turn-- important if something makes you discard a card in your hand during another player's turn).

If another ability or effect reveals the card (such as the level 1 Aird thief), the trophy doesn't kick off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
SaintHax wrote:
When you take an action (Rest, Village, Dungeon, Prepare) the madatory trophy effect occurs and it goes on top of the monster deck (not when you redraw it which happens at the end of a turn-- important if something makes you discard a card in your hand during another player's turn).

If another ability or effect reveals the card (such as the level 1 Aird thief), the trophy doesn't kick off.

Clarification: trophies only take effect during the Village and Dungeon actions. It was incorrectly stated in the original rules as Nathan describes. So you can rest or prepare to retain the Phoenix in your deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.