Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check out my other reviews at:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/145695/item/2525009#item25...

Conclusion:

Last Night on Earth is a very fun zombie game (system) that has numerous expansions. When you start expanding a system this much, cost is something that will come up. People will want to know if what you get is worth the outlay of cash.

This is probably one of the worst expansions for the game and really is more about pimping out your game than anything added to the system.

While I will keep it to make my current Last Night on Earth look better, this is an expansion that would normally be easily skipped.

Components:

You get 2 new cards and 14 new minis. The main mini you get is the crawling torso and who doesn't like a crawling torso? Everything is the same standard you are used to with Flying Frog and this system.

Rule Book:

There are not any rules to this expansion, instead it is a component list in full color.

Flow of the Game:

There are not any additional rules. These minis are used in place (not in addition to) the zombies for the Grave Weapons expansion.

Edit: 11/7/14:

Most scenarios allow you to add the Grave Weapon in place of spawning two zombies.

Should I buy this Game?:

No, unless you just really have to have the minis. I will keep the game to complete the entire set (mainly because I already bought it also). Not much is added in this expansion other than just minis.

Edit 11/7/14:

I would say this is a hair better than the Hero Pack One. It gives the zombie player another option and another decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Spot on Jayson. Although technically the rules for the Crawling Torso are in fact new, right? Even though they are contained on the two (duplicate) cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
Spot on Jayson. Although technically the rules for the Crawling Torso are in fact new, right? Even though they are contained on the two (duplicate) cards.

Yeah, fair enough. I thought it was included in the other expansion, but I could be wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Baker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Either you had two copies laying around, or you changed your mind in these five days and decided to purge it in your latest auction.

I should know. I snagged it from you.

In all seriousness, for the price originally asked, I was going to skip this one mainly due to your biggest complaint: Other than the torso, this expansion was just gloss. $25, or whatever it was, was simply asking way too much.

I respect the hell out of Flying Frog Productions, but the Last Night on Earth horse has been (b)eaten to death. The grave weapons split expansion was the first indication to me that the LNoE line was becoming nothing more than the Frog's ATM. More power to them and the fans that gobble up everything zombie, but I cry, "No Mas!"

Honestly, were it not for your auction - and my wanting to combine something with the Sherlock Holmes BIN (bam!), I never would have even thought about this miniature expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had two copies

I think there can be more to the franchise, but this expansion in generally is more about pimping out your set than anything.

DBoonsGhost wrote:

Either you had two copies laying around, or you changed your mind in these five days and decided to purge it in your latest auction.

I should know. I snagged it from you.

In all seriousness, for the price originally asked, I was going to skip this one mainly due to your biggest complaint: Other than the torso, this expansion was just gloss. $25, or whatever it was, was simply asking way too much.

I respect the hell out of Flying Frog Productions, but the Last Night on Earth horse has been (b)eaten to death. The grave weapons split expansion was the first indication to me that the LNoE line was becoming nothing more than the Frog's ATM. More power to them and the fans that gobble up everything zombie, but I cry, "No Mas!"

Honestly, were it not for your auction - and my wanting to combine something with the Sherlock Holmes BIN (bam!), I never would have even thought about this miniature expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.