Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Pulles
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a check box under each game entry to mark whether I have a copy of the game for trade.

Why isn't there a "I wish to sell this game" check box as well? One additional field for the asking price would be all that would be required.

I am thinking of selling off all of my old Avalon Hill wargames this year and thought that I'd post them here at BGG for a short time before posting them on ebay. This would make my life much, much easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kice
United States
Shorewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The selling system is separate from your collection:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=sellitem

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmbmb
On each game page in the Miscellaneous box near the top you can find the Marketplace box. Click Sell Yours, and you are on your way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Pulles
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The selling system is separate from your collection

I know that the Marketplace is a separate section... that's not my question.

Why is there a "For Trade" check box, but not a "For Sale" check box?

Maybe the question should be reversed... Why aren't trades part of the BGG Marketplace? Shouldn't items available for sale and/or trade be found in the same place? What the hell are trades doing in the Game's area in the first place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I understand the poster. I have a few games where I'm not really looking to actively sell them, but I'd be willing to entertain offers. I guess putting something on Marketplace feels like putting it on a garage sale table, while having it marked 'for sale' in your collection is more like inviting a friend into your house and seeing if there's anything he likes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Zentis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If your primary goal is to get $$$ for your game, you'd want to put it in the marketplace. You don't pay anything to BGG unless your game sells, so you have nothing to lose.

If you want your game to go away and bring something nifty in return but don't really care whether it's a game or $$$, what people usually do is to put a little note in the comments section that they'd entertain offers of $$$ as well. Then when you check out the "Users willing to trade this game" list you'd see it.

I guess what you're looking for is an "Open to $$$ offers" sort of button? I see your point, but I think it's usually safe to assume that anybody offering a game up for trade could be persuaded to part with it for some amount of cash. I think that the main reason for having the marketplace separate is so that BGG can get their cut.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.