Popular Tags: [View All]
Iwan Tomlow
Belgium
Berchem
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, after my first few tryout-games of Chizo, I still have some questions:

1) Is it correct that the 'Grumpy' creatures can be put into play directly? All other special creatures (like 'Happy', 'Indifferent') state you have to replace an existing basic creature. I would expect the same for 'Grumpy', but those tiles do not say anything about replacing.

2) What exactly does it mean for a 'Helpful' creature to 'give' STR or INT to a neighbouring creature? For example, can a Helpful Ox give +5 STR to a neighbour and still be an ally of 5 STR? Or does the STR of the Helpful Ox drop to 0 after giving, meaning it has to be removed from play?

3) I'm not sure how to interprete my 'Village' (which says 'neighbouring creatures have STR 3'). Does it only boost up my weak creatures to 3 STR, or does it also weaken strong creatures like Ox? What happens when neighbouring to creatures that have 'Wild strength' attached? Is the +2 STR of Wild strength still applied or does the Village just keeps the STR set exactly to 3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bender
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Gilead,

Glad to hear you are enjoying ChiZo!

Here are some answers to your questions:

1. Grumpy creatures do not have to replace any other creatures to be put into play.
2. To activate a helpful creature’s ability to lend their strength to a neighboring creature you must be able to play a face down tile from your hand as a ‘cost’ to activate this ability. No other penalty must be paid (you do not lose the creature at the end of the turn). However, if you can not play a tile out of your hand then you can not activate this ability. Also, this ability must be played as a REACTION. This means you can play this ability during battle, or in response to another players ACTION.
3. The Village states that all neighboring creatures have a STR of 3. This indicates that the STR of the creature should be treated as 3, rather then the printed value. Any tile underneath the creature the boosts or reduces STR would still take effect after adjusting the creature’s base STR to 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.