Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funagain has Medici in pre-order status. Are the images they are using the ones that will be in the reprint? Or did they just grab older images? If these images are for the new version, then I'm dropping the game from my want list. You would have to be retarded to buy a game (or design a game) that looked like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the old version. The new one suppsoedly looks like

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan O'Rourke
United States
Tobyhanna
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They've yet to make one that looks really nice, but I'd say that is the best of all, so far. Glad I waited and didn't pick up one of the other versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The board's ok. Can't take those ships in plastic stands though. That's something FFG would do. I'll have to replace them with colored wooden discs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason I'm almost sure I've read somewhere on BGG that the image posted above is strictly the French version of Medici. I remember reading that the rerelease will have very similar, if not identical, art as the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hudson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The original original isn't so bad. It is the 2nd edition (1998 if memory serves) that is the hideous one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed Jay. His reply was that the new board will not be any of the older 3. It will be completely new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.