Axis & Allies» Forums » General

Subject: Differtent turn outs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon van Pagée
Netherlands
Delft
flag msg tools
In about a week or so I'm getting A&A as an birthday gift. I have been reading about this and can't wait to start. But I was wondering if it is possible to change the whole course of the game and attack say USA with the UK and germany as "partners" ?

Love to hear some comments.

Thanx in advance

Hippie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Ramsey
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the most fun games of A&A I've played blend back-stabbing diplomacy and A&A--and result in startling turns of alliances and betrayals. I think it's natural for experienced players to move into the "what-if" realm of the game. That's part of the fun of historically-based war games, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The official ruleset doesn't cater for such changes. As the other posters note, you can make them up. But don't expect the game to be balanced...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devi "Day" Hughes
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Orange County Board Gamers - come play games with us! http://www.ocbg.net
badge
Prince With A Thousand Enemies
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're looking for a more free-form game that's similar to Axis & Allies, you might want to take a look at Attack (and definately the expansion... it improves the game a lot).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon van Pagée
Netherlands
Delft
flag msg tools
Thanx for the tip, maybe i'm gonna check it out. But first I'm gonna play A&A. Only 1 day left

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.