Popular Tags: [View All]
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a question and answer from FFG that I received that I thought might be helpful to others:

Q: In the absence of any text specifying that a bonus be applied before or after a roll, do you need to use a card that gives a skill or combat roll bonus before the roll, or can you wait to see the roll results then use it?

A: I assume you're referring to cards that aren't always active. For cards that must be exhausted in order to be used, you may roll the dice first and determine whether or not you need the cards. However, some effects (mostly in expansion packs) may force you to discard any cards you used during an attack or defense roll; in those cases, you must decide whether an "Always On" card is being used before you roll the dice.

Robert Vaughn
RPG Developer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What ? eh ? Splutter, splutter !

Surely you have to make the call to activate a useful item PRIOR to rolling the dice ? It's way more nerve wracking, and way more fun! I've never met a player who activates after the roll, it's not intuitive. It would make a pretty big change to gameplay.

Fentum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I share your suprise, as I thought it would be the other way as well. Some of the cards do specify that they need to be used before the roll, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.