Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Desadier
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mb
Well, I received this game over the Christmas Holiday, and with the help of my playgroup, we got into playing many games over the last three weeks.

The box art is great, and the components are well done. The counters representing the various units are cardboard which are to be placed in the provided plastic stands to hold them upright. The cardboard units showed a photo of the unit, and the unit’s name.

For me this was ok, as I intended to us miniature figures to play the game with and was not concerned with the cardboard units.

The other components are what one would expect from a small-published game, nice graphics and sheets of counters that have to be cut out before being used for game play.

The one big drawback to this game as it came to me, was it was almost entirely in Italian, and I don’t do Italian. I was however able to get the English translation from their website and from this site as well.

The game board is thick cardboard and is nicely done with overlay hexes to change the board layout as needed. The hexes are slightly smaller than the 2-inch hexes used in other games of this type such as Axis and Allies Miniatures, and Memoir 44, so they are not interchangeable. The board art was not up to the level of quality as seen in Memoir 44.

I would rate this game a 6 for the components.

Playing with the base setup, I enjoyed the game as it was presented. Game play starts with you assigning your units to 1 of 3 different commands, A, B or R (reserve). Your commands are activated when their respective numbers, A, B or R come up during the activation roll. There is also a “?” mark that may come up, and this brings up an event card, that could bring on reinforcements, or cause an event to happen to your opponent.

The armor units are broken down into Light, Medium and Heavy armor. So your tanks are Stuart for light tanks, Sherman for Medium tanks as an example. The unit has an anti-tank and a anti-personnel combat value. When attacking armor they attack with the anti-armor dice rather than the anti-personnel dice. The units have a movement value that they can move, but are not allowed to fire. They also have a movement value listed for those units that move and then fire. The range and number of dice at range is different for some units (example would be a German Panther, Medium tank, may fire 4 hexes with a strength of 4/4/3/2 whereby a US Stuart would fire 4 hexes with a strength of 3/2/2/1). The anti-personnel values of these same units are different as well, the Panther fires 3 dice out to 3 hexes and the Stuart fires 5/3/1 dice.

This game had more of what I was looking for, as now my tanks and infantry where not all the same.

Game play is fast, as we were able to complete our games in a three-hour block. The game plays very well with 3 or 4 players.

I hope that this helps to get others to try playing this game. It is on par with Memoir 44 in playability, and expandability. This game should appeal to those that are looking for a game that plays like Memoir 44, but allows or adds a little more in that infantry are not all the same, and that tanks are not all the same.

This game cries out for expansion, and lends itself well to those who may want to add to the game for their own enjoyment.

I rate this game an 8 for game play. I am looking forward to playing this game again next week when my game group meets.

I would like to see more scenarios published for this rules set, and possibly new units cards allowing more units.

I have created my own cards, representing Germans, British, Americans, and the Russians. I am working on bringing in the other major and minor powers such as Japanese, Italian, and polish, etc.

I also use miniatures (flames of war, and Axis and Allies), and play the game on a large hex (4 inch) game board.

If anyone is interested in this game please email me and I will attempt to answer your questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
benoit tardif
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
First, excuse me for my bad english (I'm french...)
Could it be possible for you to add photos of the charts describing the dices capacities of the differents units. The top would be a photo for each of the maps and of the differents overlays in order to have a good view of the different elements.
Thanks for your attention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Ravasi
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
If you want the game, buy it.
Reproducing the elements without paying for them, it's a theft!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
benoit tardif
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I’m a little surprised to be considered as a thief just because I’d like to have more information on the game. In fact I’d like to try the game with a friend because we actually play regularly Memoir’44 but want to have more. A year ago we together have done our first game of Memoir44 with rules and cards found on the net, normal dices, units drawn on papers and type of terrain just written on hexs. So finally we were enjoyed by the game and I decided to buy it. My friend too and two others friends have done the same. An other has bought it for his little brother for Christmas. So finally, 5 Memoir44 bought. Is there anything to add?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.