Subject: Nazgul question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Quinn
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Are the nazgul considered separate entities from armies for the purpose of movement? I.e. do you have to use a character die to reposition your nazgul where you want the army to attack and THEN move the army in using an army die OR do they move with the army (using an army die) in the same way as Free Peoples Leaders do?
If the latter is the case can you use a Shadow character die to move an army containing a Nazgul?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ Whittenhall
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nazgul are considered leaders for the Sauron forces and you can use an character die to move an army led by a Nazgul. Or you could use that character die to move all your Nazgul (but you can't move any armies with that die).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Russell
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I have a question I just thought of while reading this.

If I have a nazgul in a territory I am attacking, does he join in on the attack?

For example, I have a nazgul in Dimrill Dale on the fellowship's last known position. Then I attack from Moria to Dimrill Dale. Is the nazgul leading that attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all I assume there is an FP army in Dimril Dale since you cannot attack the Fellowship.

Secondly, advancement into the Region does not occur until after the battle (which you must have won to advance into the Region).

So for a Nazgûl to lead the attacking army it must be in the same Region as your attacking army, it cannot be in the Region with the defending FP army.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Russell
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Dahman
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
This brings up another question that came up in our last game. Are Nazgul considered affiliated with all Shadow factions for political purposes or only Sauron? Example, Isengard is at war but Sauron is not. Nazgul fly to Orthanc. May Nazgul participate in an attack on the Fords of Isen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Van den Berghe
Belgium
Blanden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nazgul are always 'at war', so yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.