Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Gauge
United States
Newburyport
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Has anyone else had difficulties with ThoughtHammer's wish list?

I sent a wish list to my family members, but when they placed the orders at thoughthammer.com, they received a shipment notification from "CCG Armory." This seems unusual because every order I have given Thought Hammer has generated a response from Thought Hammer. Given they provided their credit card information, I a bit concerned that there is a "fishing" web site generating the responses. Can anyone confirm if they have had a similar experience?

Even if there is a legitimate partnership between Thought Hammer and CCG Armory, there is a problem because my family was charged about 10% more than the prices listed on the Thought Hammer web site. Has anyone else seen this too?

I sent a message to the customer service email address listed on the Thought Hammer web site first thing this morning, but they haven't responded. I am hoping that a BGG member can either confirm that this is status quo, or tell me to start cancelling credit cards.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
And the Geek shall Inherit the Earth
badge
I am the unholy trinity: Agnostic, Atheist, and Skeptic.
mbmbmb
CCG Armory seems to be the same company as USA Comic Books (usacomicbooks.com). They seem to be a legit retailer, so the phishing aspect appears less likely.

As for the business aspect - that's a different story :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what to say. I've ordered from Thought Hammer a few times now, and never had any problems. However, I've never received any messages from "CCG Armory." I know they're a little backed up right now with orders/e-mails over the holidays. I just got a reply this morning to an e-mail I sent them a little while back, and it came from someone named Christi, with the e-mail address christi@thoughthammer.com, and the title "Thought Hammer Customer Service."

From my experience, Thought Hammer is a reliable business with good customer service, so if this is your first order with them, you shouldn't worry that there's something generally wrong with them. But, this message from "CCG Armory," and especially the prices being wrong, does sound suspect. I guess I'd recommend waiting to hear back from Thought Hammer because they'll write back soon enough, and maybe sending another e-mail directly to Christi.

Good luck, I hope that it all works out for the best

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
I have made several purchases from ThoughtHammer and have been thoroughly pleased every time. As a matter of fact, I find that their customer service is quite excellent. When they miscalculated the shipping date for an order (due to an error from THEIR supplier), they promptly shipped out the portion of my order that was completed, then they shipped the delayed item (at no charge) AND gave me a coupon for an additional 5% off of a future order. Barring any unforseen circumstances, they have earned a customer for life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B.
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I (and friends) have placed dozens of orders with thoughthammer. I've had many email conversations with Christi and they have always been very responsive when it comes to issues/questions. I have also ordered from CCG Armory. Never had a problem there either. Odd that that happened to you though. I did a bit of domain digging.

The thoughthammer.com domain was registered with an address in Texas (which is where I receive shipments from them). They are hosted with newdream.net
which resolves to dreamhost.com in Brea California

ccgarmory.com was registered with an address in Baltimore Maryland which is where their shipments come from. they are hosted with intermedia.net in New York.

I don't see how they could have gotten mixed up. unless dreamhost is a reseller for intermedia and still doesn't make sense how orders could get crossed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kelsey
United States
kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have also used Thoughthammer several times, and I have nothing but great experiences with them. Never had anything with CCGArmory on it. Have you contact Thoughthammer and sked them about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
When they miscalculated the shipping date for an order (due to an error from THEIR supplier), they promptly shipped out the portion of my order that was completed, then they shipped the delayed item (at no charge) AND gave me a coupon for an additional 5% off of a future order. Barring any unforseen circumstances, they have earned a customer for life.

I had the same thing happen to me, except they just held up my entire order without bothering to tell me of the change in date. Then they sold out of one of the other games in the order while I was waiting. At least the delay on the first game was long enough that the other game came back into stock. Hopefully things will eventually resolve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.