Subject: What a Horrible Board! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Toby Hales
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I have been looking for an affordable version of this and so was very excited to receive it in the post today. Very keen to start in, but what an awful board! Were they all produced on such poor paper (to call it card would be a compliment it does not merit)? Mine is a "mint" unpunched copy, so I have two sheets of thick paper that have scarcely been unfolded in 20 years. The height of the various mounitan ranges now running through Eurpoe has to be seen to be believed. Two questions remain:

1. Why did AH, renowned for quality components, not mount this mapboard;

2. Has anyone ever produced a better specimen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it was because of the sheer size of the maps. I seem to recall reading in the EiA General issue that they just couldn't have done it at a reasonable price. Doesn't explain The Longest Day but...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bryan
United States
Barbourville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The huge map would've have made it cost quite a bit more. A couple of sheets of plexi-glass does the trick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami S
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2 sheet of plexiglass of 25'x35' should do the trick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.