Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Significant role playing numbers tonight as the Castle gets raided, Peter is free'd, the evil Baron captured and Keystone Cop type chases from the guards ensue throughout the corridors. Meanwhile, at the gaming table ...

4 chefs plus a newbie sous chef in Marcus for one of our favourite 30 minute openers. Its always tricky for newbie's to pick this game up until they see the first round pizza making done.

One of my favourite Calvin quotes is "what's the point in originality if you can't crank it out" and that (well, loosely) applies to my strategy for Mamma Mia (any excuse for a Calvin quote) - fill your hand with orders and crank them out every turn - you'll never die wondering and you throw anyone who's counting cards into chaos! A little intuitive counting yourself, remember what you may need to complete a few of your own orders, keep the minimale for the first order in a subsequent round and you're on your way.

Halfway thru the third round, the real pizza arrived and we contemplated a new prize structure - you get one piece of pizza for every Mamma Mia pizza cooked. Voted down, but a neat idea.

Two second round bombasticas threw a lot of otherwise perfectly good pizza orders into the garbage and poor old Craig was just one ingredient short on about 5 occasions.

Scores: Pat 7, Andrew 5, Dave 3, Craig 2, Marcus 2

A rating after 19 plays of an 8 for 'very good I like to play, will never turn down a game' as an opener or closer. Its always induces lots of fantastico Italian accents and cries of Maaaaamma Miiia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.