Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Morris
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got back from Red Deer, and I just thought I'd pass on a FLGS located there that I just found. I guess the shop has been around for a little while (year?) and this was my first time in.

The Game Store
2067 A 50 Avenue, Red Deer, AB T4R 1Z4
(403) 357-3070

The store was one of the cleanest shops I've ever been in. Games were sorted and displayed well and they had a very good selection. The prices were fair (some higher than here in Edmonton, but still cheaper than other places in Red Deer), and there were deals to be had (HeroScape Boosters for $11, EVO for $30, some of the blue box Descartes games for $13. Note, these are all in Canadian dollars). Most of the prices were fair market value or slightly less.

The only problem is they have no online presence and don't plan to have one for some time. Yup, it's a visit the store only kind of place. That's not a bad thing as the owner is a very nice guy and I spent more than a while chatting with him about everything and anything...

If you live in Red Deer you don't have far to go, but for those of us in Edmonton or Calgary you might want to make a stop in on your next trip up or down HWY 2...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mal
Canada
Unspecified
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was recently in the store as well and was impressed with the selection, prices and the friendliness of the staff. The owner is really trying to stock the top 100 titles from BGG.com! Recommended!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
Damn, I missed this thread! I was in Red Deer last thursday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Vogel
Canada
Red Deer
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
This is my go-to shop in Red Deer. They have had all their games on sale now for the last 3 weeks, I really hope they aren't getting out of the game business because they are super cheap right now. They have even ordered an out of stock game for me once. Excellent guys running it.

I'm trying to get a game group going in the deer right now. I have a nice big party room in my condo building that would be perfect. Give me a shout if you'd like to attend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah... I see what you did there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I live in Lacombe, next to Red Deer. I know this store, nice, but my tastes in games are more towards... well... see my list if you want.

Also have a casual gaming mate, but she stays away from the "boy's games" in my collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.