Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was surprised when my girlfriend came home from her (nearly daily) visit to Target with a copy of Travel Blokus. surprise
A quick check of their website confirmed they do carry both the standard and travel versions.

Not a "great deal" per se, but might be a decent deal if someone can pick it up at their local store instead of having it shipped!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Loop
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have Rumis too...
I think they have all of the educational insights line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I saw Travel Blokus the other day at Target. Didn't see the big box Blokus though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leuchtenburg
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same as Allen. Saw Travel Blokus today, but no standard Blokus.

Barnes and Noble is also going to be carrying Blokus as of January 16, according to their website. Hopefully it'll be in their retail locations, too. They do already have some other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dyfrgi wrote:
Barnes and Noble is also going to be carrying Blokus as of January 16, according to their website. Hopefully it'll be in their retail locations, too. They do already have some other games.

I'm not sure if you're talking about your specific store, or B&N in general. A couple of B&N stores here in Dallas have been carrying Blokus for several months. My sister, who works at a Barnes & Noble in Tulsa, bought me a copy at her local store for Christmas. Some of the ones in Dallas carry a nice selection of FFG games, too. (Silver Line games as well as a couple of FFG big box games)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter Loop wrote:
They have Rumis too...
I think they have all of the educational insights line.

Noticed in my Target last night that they had Rumis and about 5-6 other Educational Insight games. Prices were MSRP from what I could tell but some of the games looked cool. Especially Rumis!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Githens
United States
Piedmont
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same is true at TRU. TRU online is actually Amazon.com co-branded with TRU. Online is seperate pricing, inventory and do not price match their own online prices in store. The same is probably true now with Target.com.

Aggressive online pricing to compete with other online retailers seem like a good deal online, until you add in the shipping cost.

I've had plenty of people come into my store and ask if we price match the TRU.com, I explain that they are seperate, "well that's very misleading", then I inform them of the exorbanant shipping that they will be charged. 7 out of 10 times the guest buys them item from me, 2 probably go to Wal-Mart (entirely different topic for me to go off on), the last 1 will most likely leave in a huff and probably can't be made happy no matter any situation.

Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.