Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Wilson
United States
Sioux City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, ran into this one and there didn't seem to be a clear ruling on it. Anyway, a river starts at a lake and loops back into it. So the tile with the lake, does that count as two river segments? For example, if it was a lake with one fish, would that tile score 3 points or just 2? I couldn't find anything that clearly defined this and considering how different forest are to score, it leaves some doubt. TIA!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Perucca
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
aceraxon wrote:
Ok, ran into this one and there didn't seem to be a clear ruling on it. Anyway, a river starts at a lake and loops back into it. So the tile with the lake, does that count as two river segments? For example, if it was a lake with one fish, would that tile score 3 points or just 2? I couldn't find anything that clearly defined this and considering how different forest are to score, it leaves some doubt. TIA!

Carc:H&G scores "segments" as opposed to the Carc:Basic scores "tiles." So IMO, your example scores 3 points for the tile.

I've got to admit, in all my many games of Carc:H&G, I've never run into this situation (a loopback lake-stream-lake).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would concur, however, the fish would NOT be counted twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carc:H&G scores tiles as opposed to Carc:Basic scores segments.

As far as I know, anyway. Guess someone is wrong...

The Lake isn't scored twice- just think about the backstory, why would the Fisher get extra points for the same Lake?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page one of the rules shows a lake tile with three river segments coming off of it. The arrows point to these & declare that they are 3 different segments. Page 3 of the rules states: bolding mine

A river is completed when there is a lake with fish (all lakes have fish) or a spring on each end, or if the river makes a complete loop. there is no limit to the number of segmenst in a river.
A player with the only fisherman on a completed river scores 1 point for each river segment and 1 point for each fish in the lakes (if any) at the ends of the river.

Check it out here:
http://files.boardgamegeek.com/viewfile.php3?fileid=9773

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok dwayne is right, mea culpablush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Perucca
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Philip Thomas wrote:
Carc:H&G scores tiles as opposed to Carc:Basic scores segments.

As far as I know, anyway. Guess someone is wrong...

Sorry dude, but that "someone" is you.

Carc:H&G = segment scoring
Carc:Basic = tile scoring

Carcassonne 101

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.