Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Jones
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
Hi all,

Clock of fate card 6 (spades) states - "Austria may move Laudon by one city immediately; Laudon may even unstack."

I just wanted to confirm whether combat takes place if Laudon ends up next to an enemy general as a result of that move. My assumption is no given that combat occurs only if generals are adjacent at the start of the combat phase.

However, that assumption takes most of the potential benefit away from the card.

Can anybody clarify whether combat does or does not take place?

Regards
Allen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I would agree - The Clock of Fate is an end of turn activity. Combat only occurs when an active general is adjacent to an opposing general. And generals are only active when when it is that nation's turn to move. In other words, this is a non-active move; therefore, no attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
richard is correct, again (should i promote him an official rules expert? .

Possible benefits of this move:
* he can eliminate a supply train
* he can bring himself into position to conquer an objective next turn, which is (before the extra move) too far away
* he can bring himself out of reach of a possible prussian attack
* etc.

Note, that he cannot conquer objectives with this extra moves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Jones
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
Richard(s),

Thanks for the clarification.

Love the game by the way, Richard S, it is a huge hit with my gaming group. Are there any teasers around on what you are working on next??

Regards
Allen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
allen, thanks for the nice words on the game

regarding your question about future projects, this link may help (not very much )

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/92929

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.