flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
From www.boardgamenews.com :

Blue Moon City - The Blue Moon Boardgame

It looks like there’s going to be a boardgame version of Blue Moon, to be titled Blue Moon City. The game is to be introduced at the Nuremberg Toy Fair, but we don’t have a release date on it as of yet. We also don’t know whether an English version of the game is going to be produced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Hoppe
Denmark
Frederiksberg
flag msg tools
What are you, like 80?
badge
It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.
mbmbmbmbmb
I look forward to hearing more about it. I assume it's a Knizia, in which case it's potentially a real drooler!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There also will be a book that describes the events after the war (BM Cardgame) and before the boardgame. The Buka are said to play a major role in resolving the conflict.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Goddard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on if it will still be a 2-player game?

My wife loves the card game and I'd hate for this to come out an be 3+ people game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sweet! Thanks for the tip. Despite coming into this game pretty late, I feel like a kid at Christmas with all the decks already being out, and now the announcement of the boardgame! Too cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's now enough material on this game (someone's put in a sibling link) to make it clear this is another game in the Blue Moon world, not the board game version of the card game. (No, that wasn't a surprise to me. Yes, I have played, though possibly not the absolutely final version.) So we can leave discussion of it over in its game forum - once we can get copies. Discussions of the Legend will have to find their own place in one or the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I am glad it isn't another version of the Card Game, as that sort of adaptation is starting to get pretty old (witness the Tigris and Euprhates Card Game). How Herr Knizia manages to come up with a fantasy world and history as well as make 20 games a year beats me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has there been any more speculation as to an English (U.S.) version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jowjow wrote:
Has there been any more speculation as to an English (U.S.) version?

Not that I've heard, though I'd be surprised if there wasn't one considering Blue Moon the cardgame was successful enough to warrent the Buka Invasion expansion.

Also, what limited components we've seen have been language independent, so even if an english version weren't produced it is possible that getting a foreign language edition wouldn't be that much of a hassle as far as gameplay is concerned.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Durandetta
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Octavian wrote:
Not that I've heard, though I'd be surprised if there wasn't one considering Blue Moon the cardgame was successful enough to warrent the Buka Invasion expansion.

Keep in mind that no English version of the Buka Invasion deck has been announced. I'm not entirely sure that Blue Moon has been very successful on this side of the Atlantic. I assume that if it had, Fantasy Flight would have picked up Blue Moon City by now, and there is no indication that they intend to do so.

Personally, I desperately want to see both of these in print in the U.S., but, so far, I'm just waiting and hoping for an announcement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Durandetta
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Dearlove wrote:
There's now enough material on this game (someone's put in a sibling link) to make it clear this is another game in the Blue Moon world, not the board game version of the card game.

What is a sibling to a board game? I saw that this relationship was posted, but I'm not sure what it implies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tubalord wrote:
Dearlove wrote:
There's now enough material on this game (someone's put in a sibling link) to make it clear this is another game in the Blue Moon world, not the board game version of the card game.

What is a sibling to a board game? I saw that this relationship was posted, but I'm not sure what it implies.

I'd say related (same subject matter/game world) but separate (one game does not extend the other, or is not a conversion of the other).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abrannan wrote:
I'd say related (same subject matter/game world) but separate (one game does not extend the other, or is not a conversion of the other).

That's what I assumed (I didn't put the entry in or check the definition). But some siblings are closer than others (various Carcassonne variants are labelled as siblings and - in game terms, if not always in background - are closer).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.