London
England
flag msg tools
designer
The overtext below is true.
badge
The overtext above is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been playing this game a lot with a friend; we have taken to choosing two powers at random, playing one game, then swapping... which helps even out any disparity in the powers.

First game, I played Terpsichore (move both pieces, then place a tile next to each piece), John played Pan (also wins if he jumps down two levels). The game was relatively quick; with my superior movement, I prevented Pan from climbing off the base level until I could create two little tower factories on opposite sides of the board; John quickly found himself in the situation where he could put a dome on one of my towers, but not both; so resigned.

... final board position was something like this:

1 2 0 0 0
2T P 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 P 0
0 1 2T 2 1

Swapping, I followed a spoiling strategy for Pan; having seen my own success, I decided to prevent John from setting up a symmetrical position for his men by keeping one at ground level at all costs, while preventing the other from winning with minimal effort. The game went long, and as the board became blocked by domes, I found one of my Pan pieces up at level 2 without really trying... at which stage, John went on the defensive. I managed to keep the pressure up until I reached a position in the far corner where John had a choice between stopping me from jumping, or letting me climb to level 3... board looked something like this...

2 2 D 0 2
1P 2 D D 2
0T 1 D 2 2
0 0 2 2T 2P
0 1 2 2 D

Hope that's clear... number is the height, D=dome, T=Terpsichore, P=Pan, Pan to play and win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasen Robillard
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see this indie game getting some exposure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the double move require symmetry? My set has neither Pan nor Terpsichore, but given that she is the Muse of dance and some of your comments, it seems likely. I feel that I can't properly understand the session report without the exact details of the godly power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Gordon Hamilton
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mlvanbie wrote:
My set has neither Pan nor Terpsichore.

Pan (God of wild passion): You also win if you jump down to levels.

Terpsichore (Muse of music and dance): Each turn you may move both pieces. After moving, place in the neighbourhood of each moved piece.

(The Terpsichore will likely change in the next version Santorini.)

The god powers for the introductory set will be standardized. Probably to Athena, Aphrodite, Atlas, Hermes, and Pan, but this will depend on the wishes of the publisher of the next version of Santorini.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.