Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After enjoying the Vulca/Hoax decks a ton, I decided to make the leap and order all the decks associated with the game. They finally arrived yesterday afternoon and since I've got today off, I was up until 3-4 AM ripping plastic, opening each deck and carefully examining the contents of each, excited about the prospects of being able to play with it all.

I was also pleased to note that two of the decks included promo cards, according to the stickers on the cellophane, both earth spirits. Imagine my further surprise when I opened the Pillar deck and found TWO earth spirits in it. A packaging mistake?

So now I'm sitting on three earth spirits. Is there a proper place to look for trades for the other promo cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jowjow wrote:
Imagine my further surprise when I opened the Pillar deck and found TWO earth spirits in it.

Do you mean in E&I: Allies? I believe all Pillar decks had one earth spirit, all E&I:A decks had two earth spirits.

Quote:
A packaging mistake?

All I can say about that is the memorable quotation from the fictional Francis Urquhart. (You've got Google, do the work if you care.)

Quote:
So now I'm sitting on three earth spirits. Is there a proper place to look for trades for the other promo cards?

Problem is that pretty much everyone interested in the game has at least one, if not three, Earth Spirits. Water Spirits are also fairly widespread I believe. Fire Spirits are - difficult to obtain is an understatement. (I got mine directly from Reiner Knizia, and he didn't have many.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy r
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Having also acquired all of the Blue Moon decks recently (couple months back), I had the same experience with the Earth Spirit card. So now, I have at least 3 if not 4 of it. I believe FFG has the Water spirit as a free add-on for any order (or they used to) I'm a little bummed that water spirit wasn't included as a bonus in the Aqua deck. That would have been thematically consistent (and not require me to order something for full price)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kice
United States
Shorewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
All I can say about that is the memorable quotation from the fictional Francis Urquhart. (You've got Google, do the work if you care.)

"Even the most glittering reign must come to an end"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. Don't necessarily need the other two promos - was just curious if others had seen the same distribution of the earth spirit (sounds like they have).

(Yeah, the two earth spirits probably came out of the E&I deck, but I was too focused on checking everything out to remember. )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nekura wrote:
Even the most glittering reign must come to an end"?

As I'm sure you know, not that one. (In fact I don't recognise that one, whereas the one I had in mind became nationally - but probably not internationally - famous when House of Cards was televised.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"You might well think that, ... I couldn't possibly comment."

The following two might fit as well, but I'd hope not...

"Soon I will be everyone's Daddy."
"This is an act of mercy....truly."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's this all about, anyhow? cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.