Popular Tags: [View All]
Victory Point Games
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

http://victorypointgames.com/details.php?prodId=142

She looked at the crumpled heap of a man clutching her legs and sobbing. “I tell…tell you…” he whispered between his sobs. “It’s eating my…my… brain!” He let go of her legs and gripped his head in his hands, letting loose with an unearthly wail.

She heard more gunfire and glanced away from the pathetic figure, looking around the town square. Across the fountain from her, she could see the trucker Brian Carter unloading supplies from his eighteen-wheeler while nearby Mayor Hernandez and the army engineer, Colonel Kingman, directed the placement of barricades. The gunshots, she realized, were coming from the clock tower where Captain Piazza was carefully aiming and firing her sniper rifle. If we can’t stop the Zeds here, she thought, all our brains will be food. She turned her attention back to the man in front of her and knelt down.

“There’s no Zeds here, Wilson,” she said, kneeling and pulling his hands away from his face, forcing him to look at her. His eyes were crazed with fear and pain.

“No,” he sobbed. “Not…not here, you fool.” He jerked his hands away, slapping the ground with one of them. “Down there! Under us. The Zed’s under us, and it’s eating my brain!”
- Fiction by David Spangler

Arising once more from the depths, from designer Hermann Luttmann, Dawn of the Zeds Second Edition has finally been reborn. In this States of Siege™ solitaire game of horror and survival, a deadly virus has turned ordinary people into vicious, zombie-like killers. The undead, nicknamed "Zeds," are now converging on your corner of the world. You have been left to your own devices to stop them while the National Guard organizes a relief column and fights its way to you – but that could take days, or even weeks, before they arrive.

In a game that requires the utmost test of skill and nerve, will you survive long enough? Will you be able to fight hordes of Zeds while protecting the townspeople? Test your heroics and unearth Dawn of the Zeds, a game that will keep you on your toes!

Click here for all the details and to order Dawn of the Zeds Second Edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I put in my order literally 3 minutes after you put it up (I was browsing your site and checking out other games). I have one question though. I ordered the deluxe edition. Do I need to also order the mounted map that's also listed? I don't believe so, but just want to make sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mallory Dean
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So excited!!! zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sacco
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Sauron was not of mortal flesh, he could never again appear fair to the eyes of Men, yet his spirit arose & returned to Mordor. There he dwelt, dark & silent, until he wrought a new guise, an image of malice & hatred made visible; the Eye of Sauron.
badge
One moment only it stared out as from some great window immeasurably high there stabbed a flame of red, the flicker of a piercing Eye. The Eye was not turned on them, it gazed north but Frodo at that dreadful glimpse fell as one stricken mortally.
mbmbmbmbmb
hepcap,

Polybag Edition has the paper board.
Boxed Edition has the paper & the jigsaw cut mounted board.

So, if you got the boxed edition you're set. If not, you have to make the call whether the paper map is sufficient or whether you want to buy the mounted board to augment the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene
United States
Venice
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Watch where you point that thing :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Victory Point Games wrote:

Click here for all the details and to order Dawn of the Zeds Second Edition.
Done and done zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Paul. I ordered the boxed edition so I'm good to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent Gitton
France
Dardilly
- SELECT -
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered asap i woke up !!! first thing i do after changing my baby, a look at vpg home page...gasp ...zeds 2.0....quick...ordered it and 3 other games !!!! hope it won't be too long coz i'm in France. But i've failed a little bit i ordered the box and the mounted map coz i wasn't sure if it was really inside it...well i'will have a spare one :-) now the wait will be long to get them delivered...but it's here a last !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Holmes
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brawling Brothers!
badge
Team Brandon!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering before I order, do you offer a military discount?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
> Just wondering before I order, do you offer a military discount?

No, I'm afraid. That's now how our web site works...

But we revere those who serve and will take excellent care of you!

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Holmes
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brawling Brothers!
badge
Team Brandon!
mbmbmbmbmb
Alrighty then thanks off to order it now!!

Edit: ORDERED now bring on the ZEDS!!!!

Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tony saunders
England
chelmsford
essex
flag msg tools
mb
ordered for shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Thompson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ordered last night. I wasn't paying too much attention, and was a bit surprised to discover I paid $14 for priority USPS shipping. Ack! I suspect there was a cheaper shipping option, had I been alert enough to notice.

Perhaps it isn't a good idea to order stuff after having a couple glasses of wine.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the new version. I played the dickens out of the first one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the boxed version, we have to use a medium priority mail box, which recently went up in price. We are looking into alternative, cheaper methods, however there's a bit of a catch-22 with them. With priority mail boxes, we get them free from the post office. Our only markup over the base postage is for shipping materials and employee time. For parcel post, we actually have to buy boxes, and the price of them often cancels out the postage savings and then customers have to wait for the games. We also recently changed a policy, so that now boxed games get shipped in boxes. We were shipping some of them in padded envelopes, and got a few complaints about games being damaged in transit, so we're making sure they have more secure packaging now.

We're looking into FedEx/UPS, and last time I spoke to Stephanie, who runs the shipping department, the price difference wasn't significant (if it even existed) there, either.

That being said, on orders of multiple games, the shipping price is spread out more evenly between the various games.

Joshua Gottesman
Business Manager
Victory Point Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Thompson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the info Joshua. Now I don't feel as much of a dork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
frank gallagher
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Proud to have been a playtester on this one, and delighted it's about to be unleashed on the world. VPG went to extraordinary lengths (e.g. delaying release past the Christmas buying season) in order to make an exceptional final product, tweaking rules and components in response to extensive playtesting. Besides seriously upgraded components, there's really a whole new level here--streamlined rules, more and scarier zeds, fantastic player aids, and lots more tools for players to fight off the undead hordes. Congrats to VPG for a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How long does it usually take to ship out games after they're ordered? I put in my order the moment the game became available from the shop page and I'm not seeing a "shipped date" on my orders page of VPG's site. Not complaining, just curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On a good week, things ship within 1-2 days. We've been swamped with orders this week and right now I show yours as 7th in the queue. That doesn't guarantee it will go out today, however I think there's a pretty good shot it will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, Joshua.

It's going to be a ZEDS-A-THON in the manufacturing rooms at VPG this week, for sure!!

Remember, we make each game individually, here in America. Give us a little time to do the hand-crafting, and it will be out the door in a day or two, I'm confident.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Holmes
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brawling Brothers!
badge
Team Brandon!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeez I wonder were I am in the QUE.... I have a verified status but no ship date!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't worry too much...you should have yours sometime this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I hate you guys. I can't afford this. But I want it.

Maybe tonight I can sneak 50 bucks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KRAMPUS
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now if you had some sort of package deal bundle with this and Zulus at the Ramparts 2nd edition..........whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok, so I'm torn between this, Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001 – ?, and something from the Leader Series (probably TAL).

Labyrinth seems to have the downside that the flowchart can be unthematically played, though lots of folks still love the game.

TAL has the downside that you need to write. Most of my solo boardgaming time is done when writing is not an option

This game has the distinct disadvantage that I already own the first polybag edition (bought when I was first getting into boardgames). I loved the gameplay but it was too damned fiddly, the cards were hard to shuffle (and I suck at shuffling as it is), and the components themselves just took away from the experience for me. I love a good cinematic experience, which is one reason I can get immersed in D-Day Dice. It's not the deepest game but I can pretend and feel like I'm fighting my way up the beach, let my inner child loose; all this is helped by the top-notch components (especially the maps).

This version seems to fix all the problems I had. Great components, rewritten rules(!), an intro scenario........

I need to see an unboxing video or at least an image heavy written review. If the game comes in a box and looks like a boardgame (I know it has the nice mounted map already; no problem with the puzzle pieces), I'll probably give it another go.

I think I just talked myself into it, but still need to see a video first
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Zeds 2.0 takes DotZ to the next level no doubt about it. It makes the original version feel quite tame now. Its awesome like never before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Future
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered!

Looks like there must be a good few other orders, have placed mine a couple of days ago but it hasn't been shipped yet

Can't wait to fight those hordes of Zeds
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |