Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Hart
England
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this game could be very suitable for PBEM (play by email) play. There are eight major nations that could be granted to players plus perhaps some of the minor powers could be player run too (Poland, Sardinia, Sweden, Piedmont and perhaps even Poland)

Anyone got any thoughts on the practicality of this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Goss
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
Two problems come to mind, how to handle the random event cards and random unit selection. Other problems would be Diplomacy and Interception. These issues would make playing the game rather problematic using conventional email. Is there a Cyberboard module for this game? That would help, especially if the cards are built into it. IF you can get around these problems, I'd be interested in playing. Thanks!
Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Hart
England
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To my knowledge there is no cyberboard module for Soldier Kings (and probably isnt one for any Avalaunche game for that matter)

I would recomend a slight remodulation of some of the games rules, for one I dont like the "minor country alliance" card, to allow diplomacy by a news group or somthing like it (I run a PBEM game already and have some knowledge of how to make that work)

As for the random unit selection, I would put myself foward to be a GM for the game, making the random unit pulls and rolling the dice (and keeping things up to date) and that way the players can just concentrate on playing

Interception may be a tad more interesting, I'll have to re-read the rules to see how its supposed to work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Waschak
United States
North East
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested in playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Interception. One of the things we've done in a different game that I've played is for the moving player to go ahead and roll an interception attempt for the opposing player. If the roll fails, nothing happens. If the roll succeeds, play then stops and the player of the troops who succeeded at the interception then decides if he actually wants to move his troops in. It gives a bit of an advantage to the defender, but it runs more quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.