BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Is there a "Gone Cardboard" for wargames? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Have faith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a "Gone Cardboard" for wargames, to find out what new is coming out soon?

I'm especially interesting in what Columbia Games might be coming out with. I'm thinking a WWII (or even more modern) game on the same complexity level as Hammer of the Scots would be great. Anyone heard of such a plan from Columbia?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
They have a pre-order system like a lot of wargame companies, so if you look at their website, you'll see they've got a couple of post-wwII games on pre-order:

Dien Bien Phu

and

Send in the Marines.

The only WWII thing they are working on right now is an expansion for Eurofront....

Here's the link to the Gameplan for wargames at Columbia's site:

http://www.columbiagames.com/cgi-bin/query/cfg/allgameplan-w...

Robin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Have faith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info and the link.

I guess there's no way to know yet how heavy or complex Send in the Marines is?
All their games use block, though, is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
It is a block game, as all their wargames are (I think they make one non-block game), but it looks like it *could* be a little more complex than some of their other stuff....if you look at the link for the Pilot Down Scenario on the Send in the Marines page it looks like the game involves advanced planning of some sort....

Robin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.