Popular Tags: [View All]
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a used English copy from an eBay seller. It came with white plastic dice, not the black wooden ones. I wonder if the publisher decided to change the dice in a newer print run. Does anyone else have ordinary dice in this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Goddard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I just got a used English copy from an eBay seller. It came with white plastic dice, not the black wooden ones. I wonder if the publisher decided to change the dice in a newer print run. Does anyone else have ordinary dice in this game?

My copy I bought during the summer has the black wooden ones with gold pips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Renaud
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same thing for me. Bought three months ago and got wooden dice with gold pips...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wooden dice here as well. Sounds like your eBay seller might have switched the dice during his / her use of the game and conveniently forgotten to mention that fact to you. :-/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies! I contacted the seller and he confirmed the dice were replaced, but didn't say why. At least, he said he was going to send the original dice, although he hasn't found one of them yet. Fortunately, I already had the game and was buying this copy to resell, thus I knew what the dice should look like. Otherwise, I'd have been screwed and would never know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.