Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We found a train gamer in Iowa City, so if you're interested in crayon railroad games, this game day is for you. Check out Mayfair's Empire Builder series here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist.php3?action=view&listid=32...

We own Nippon Rails (my favorite), Eurorails and India Rails. Hopefully, Nathan can bring some of the others.

Naturally, we'll be playing all sorts of games.

Children of all ages are welcome. Bring friends, bring games and have fun! We'll have vegetarian soup for the meal. You're welcome to bring vegetarian snacks or drinks, but don't feel obligated to bring either.

RSVP appreciated but not required.

--
Chris, Edie and Annie

Send me a GeekMail if you need directions and phone number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Schmidt
United States
Maquoketa
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything looks like I should be able to make it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Woodburn
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I may be able to make it for the last game of the night, if you are planning on playing until 10 (Hopefully I can make it by 7). Either way, I hope you all have a great time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Rompot
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I created a Geeklist of games played:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/12878

Please add additional games and your comments! I didn't cover the railroad games at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Woodburn
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Sorry I couldn't make it. Looks like you guys had fun. I had every intent to be there in the evening, but I stopped by the store (Critical Hit) on my way home from work and, what do you know, I got coaxed into a trip to Puerto Rico... I got second, to the indomitable Lyons (pun intended, even though you didn't realize), who also won the rushed, 5-player game of basic Carcassonne that followed.

I just can't seem to make Puerto Rico work for me. I've played maybe five times now, and I always feel like I'm about one step off the pace from the midgame to lategame stage. I know I don't do a very good job of managing the tempo of the game through positioning-based role choices, and it directly leads to me, apparently, not being in sync for the big build that I want, but I don't know how to correct it yet.

I did get in 5 games of St. Petersburg this week, also, and really loved it. I haven't played it with Lyons yet, which will probably ruin my record, but I'm doing well so far...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.